Immigration Processing Times.

Old Sep 26th 2004, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Sigh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Processing Times.

Hey folks,

As my handle implies I am one those hopefulls who is trying his best not get lost in the void of despair that is called the "waiting for the immigration process to be completed". I aced my Ielts exams. I also have a job offer. I am using an immigration lawyer. I applied through Rome at the suggestion of the lawyer but I am from Turkey.

On the CIC website where you can check your status online it states my papers have been in the system since July 03 2003. It has been 14 months. According to my lawyers I should have finished my process in 10 to 15 months because I had a job offer. It has been 14 months and I still have not heard anything about my medical papers.

My questions is: Does the job offers really speed up the process?
Old Sep 26th 2004, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Xylene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration Processing Times.

Originally Posted by Sigh
Hey folks,

As my handle implies I am one those hopefulls who is trying his best not get lost in the void of despair that is called the "waiting for the immigration process to be completed". I aced my Ielts exams. I also have a job offer. I am using an immigration lawyer. I applied through Rome at the suggestion of the lawyer but I am from Turkey.

On the CIC website where you can check your status online it states my papers have been in the system since July 03 2003. It has been 14 months. According to my lawyers I should have finished my process in 10 to 15 months because I had a job offer. It has been 14 months and I still have not heard anything about my medical papers.

My questions is: Does the job offers really speed up the process?
How did you file from Rome? With new rules, visa post shopping has
been stopped.

Was the job hrsdc approved arranged employment? otherwise it is
meaningless.
However in most embassies CHC is fast tracking hrsdc arranged
employment cases.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Xylene
been stopped.

meaningless.
employment cases.

It is HRDC approved. I paid an extra 1000 for the approval process though. My dossier went into the system before the law that prohibited applications from outside of the country of origin came into effect.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

mirekj will become famous soon enoughmirekj will become famous soon enough

Hi Xylene

What about your IELTS scores ? Are you satisfied ?
And what about you Arranged Employment searching ?

Mirek

Originally Posted by Xylene
been stopped.

meaningless.
employment cases.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

mirekj will become famous soon enoughmirekj will become famous soon enough

Hi Sigh

As far as I know nobody can tell you how long your processing time will be.
Any lawyer or consultant. It depends on many things.
Who did you pay a 1000$ for ? and what kind of job offer you got (field) ?

Mirek

It is HRDC approved. I paid an extra 1000 for the approval process though. My dossier went into the system before the law that prohibited applications from outside of the country of origin came into effect.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 2:08 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You've been ripped off. There is no such thing as "expedited processing" in Rome due to having job offer. There are only few visa posts that claim doing it (for example New Delhi and Islamabad) and only in the case of HESDC approved job offers - in reality it still takes long time.

In your case as you applied from outside Rome's jurisdiction your case has much lower priority and will be most likely processed longer than cases submitted from within Rome's jurisdiction (Albania, Greece, Italy, Malta, San Marino, Vatican City).

Visa post shopping was probably the worst mistake you did as regardless when it was formally prohibited it was already ineffective for at least prior 3+ years and cases filed from outside jurisdiction were penalized with lower priority. Again - in my opinion you were ripped off and ill advised by your representative.

Old Sep 27th 2004, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You've been ripped off. There is no such thing as "expedited processing" in Rome due to having job offer. There are only few visa posts that claim doing it (for example New Delhi and Islamabad) and only in the case of HESDC approved job offers - in reality it still takes long time.

In your case as you applied from outside Rome's jurisdiction your case has much lower priority and will be most likely processed longer than cases submitted from within Rome's jurisdiction (Albania, Greece, Italy, Malta, San Marino, Vatican City).

Visa post shopping was probably the worst mistake you did as regardless when it was formally prohibited it was already ineffective for at least prior 3+ years and cases filed from outside jurisdiction were penalized with lower priority. Again - in my opinion you were ripped off and ill advised by your representative.

Hmm they are Vancouver based as well. Also are you telling me the hrdc approval does not require a payment of 1000 canadian dollars?

Last edited by Sigh; Sep 27th 2004 at 2:26 am.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:21 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

HRSDC is not charging any fee for Arranged Employment Opinion - see here:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw/supperimm.shtml

Hmm they are Vancouver based as well. Also are you telling me the hrdc approval does not require a payment of 1000 canadian dollars?