immigration process; how long?!

Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

oz2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigration process; how long?!

Hi
I am sure that this question been asked many times before, but i couldnot get a recent answer as i have read that canada is trying to process applications between 6 to 12 months.

so has anyone have an idea about how long does the immigration process (Skilled Workers) to canada take?

thanks

Last edited by oz2canada; Dec 21st 2009 at 11:52 am.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: immigration process; how long?!

Originally Posted by oz2canada
Hi
I am sure that this question been asked many times before, but i couldnot get a recent answer as i have read that canada is trying to process applications between 6 to 12 months.

so has anyone have an idea about how long does the immigration process (Skilled Workers) to canada take?

thanks
Under the new system, it's being done in around 12 months (and less).
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:40 am
Just Joined

ftita76 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is supposed to take between 6 to 12 months.
I submitted few applications for my clients in January and February 2009 but still did not even get the Medical requests. It is going to be a year soon and now I really doubt that they going to meet the 12 months promise.
Back in January we use to get replies from Sidney, Nova Scotia in as little as 10 business days. It is now at about 3 months. I assume that these newly submitted applications will face even longer processing.
Will keep you updated in this thread.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:41 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ftita76
It is supposed to take between 6 to 12 months.
I submitted few applications for my clients in January and February 2009 but still did not even get the Medical requests. It is going to be a year soon and now I really doubt that they going to meet the 12 months promise.
Back in January we use to get replies from Sidney, Nova Scotia in as little as 10 business days. It is now at about 3 months. I assume that these newly submitted applications will face even longer processing.
Will keep you updated in this thread.
i know people who submitted theres in june and have just done there medicials.........is it not down to the country that you apply from
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:50 am
Just Joined

ftita76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
i know people who submitted theres in june and have just done there medicials.........is it not down to the country that you apply from
Possibly. I mainly deal with the Buffalo office.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ftita76
Possibly. I mainly deal with the Buffalo office.
There is another immigration consultant on here who states that 7 months from start to finish is the norm for applications he does for clients (majority from UK). So I'm guessing it does depend on visa office as LB said.

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There is another immigration consultant on here who states that 7 months from start to finish is the norm for applications he does for clients (majority from UK). So I'm guessing it does depend on visa office as LB said.

Didn't LB say the reverse?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:56 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Didn't LB say the reverse?
LB said that i know people that have applied this year and have already got there medical request, SO LB said that it is taking less than 12mths for visa if you are from the uk

I never quoted which visa office dealt with it etc, if you look at some of the threads you will see that some are getting them within 12mths as well..........
I can only quote friends that are here, working and applied from within canada
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oz2canada
Hi

thanks
Follow the following thread for real-time experiences for FSW applications.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621358

Cheers

Martin