Immigration lawyers or not?

Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all
Default Immigration lawyers or not?

How many of u would argue this point of applying without help? I'm not very good or simply dont have time to sit and write out an excellent letter of application so feel immigration/lawyers/consultants might be worth the money.
would really appreciate your comments
Thanks

Last edited by Patsy; Jun 6th 2005 at 11:47 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:09 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration lawyers or not?

Originally Posted by Patsy
How many of u would argue this point of applying without help? I'm not very good or simply dont have time to sit and write out an excellent letter of application so feel immigration/lawyers/consultants might be worth the money.
Thanks

If you are honestly that busy than feel free to spend the money, but you will need to still do all legwork to get evidence, info, request references, police checks, photocopy stuff, mail stuff to lawyer, correspond with laywer, etc.

Filling in the forms are one thing, a covering letter to support your case is not such a big deal and if you buy in the idea of emigrating then how much hassle can this really be to fully support your application Letter only has to state evidence of why you feel you will be a successful immigrant skilled worker - basically summarising everything you have no doubt thought through when deciding on emigration and Canada as a new home ?

So, if your life is so manic and application has complexities (i.e. not legally straightforward) then pay up dosh and go with lawyer :scared: otherwise, completing forms, chasing paperwork, getting evidence, researching, etc is all support by others on here and archive of previous posts. It took us best part of 3 months all told, others maybe a little more/less time.

Good luck,

Rich.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, we should go for a Consultant, even if we have the time .
I know not all are good, but go for only the good ones.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:53 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

We used a lawer and feel it was good value for money, even if only for peace of mind. Like you I find time a premium but did have to do a lot of work myself - however I was guided through what I needed to do and therefore did not have to waste time thinking about it or doing extra just in case.

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:27 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Airseir
We used a lawer and feel it was good value for money, even if only for peace of mind. Like you I find time a premium but did have to do a lot of work myself - however I was guided through what I needed to do and therefore did not have to waste time thinking about it or doing extra just in case.
Us to

Used a lawyer based in Toronto, they were effective and very efficient

We had a few probs thats why we used a lawyer and also for piece of ming for guidance and support

They were well worth the money and it was not a lot compared to some quotes we had

Its entirely up to yourself, if you have a straight forward application, dont use one, of you have problems, might be worth the money.

If we get in it will be the best money I have ever spent

Eddie
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:29 am
Just Joined

Gooman is an unknown quantity at this point

May i ask how much you guys pay for a lawyer to help you out?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:53 am

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Cant remember the exact price - we paid in 3 installments - first for package to be prepared, second when Interview Waiver came through third on completion.

here is the web address of the company we used.
http://www.immigration.ca/

Originally Posted by Gooman
May i ask how much you guys pay for a lawyer to help you out?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Airseir
Cant remember the exact price - we paid in 3 installments - first for package to be prepared, second when Interview Waiver came through third on completion.

here is the web address of the company we used.
http://www.immigration.ca/
How are they?
I got a horriable one, once I paid up now foget about anything more then 2 years even did not filed application.

I think if anyone deserve out business it is Andrew. He is really honest and good althugh never done business with him.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:24 pm

I had no complaints at all. They were very helpful and conducted the business by fax, e-mail and telephone calls.

I was successful - that is the best measure.

Originally Posted by Azam Ali
How are they?
I got a horriable one, once I paid up now foget about anything more then 2 years even did not filed application.

I think if anyone deserve out business it is Andrew. He is really honest and good althugh never done business with him.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

BDAhuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi,
It is not necessary to hire a paid representative and you can take the help of your friends and relatives in filing for your Canadian Immigration. It is very easy to do it by yourself. Further-more, hiring a paid representative does'nt mean that process will be faster and will not be slower also. But it is true that due to change in rule, now every paid representative must be a member of the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants and CSIC issues membership# for identification whether the Canadian Immigration Consultant is the member of the CSIC or not, which can be verified from the website www.csic-scci.ca and click on the link membership list and wait - it takes few minutes to open and you can see the name of the Immigration consultant in the membership list. I do agree that the Canadian Immigration consultants are helpful but it is not necessary at all.

Bhagwan Ahuja
M.A.LLB. LLM
Canadian Immigration Consultant
Member in good standing of the
Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants