Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Immigration lawyer, consultant or BE.

Immigration lawyer, consultant or BE.

Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration lawyer, consultant or BE.

The question is regularly asked do I need an Immigration lawyer, consultant or British Expats.
Obviously if I was a lawyer or consultant I would be pushing these services however BE provides a free service given by many posters on here. As the old saying goes you only get what you pay for.
Now Im not suggesting all lawyers and consultants are equal and their prices will vary however the service you get on here is FREE.
Some of the questions asked are relatively simple whereas others are quite complex.
Most answers can be found on the CIC (now IRCC website) at the following link

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

In the top right hand corner is the search bar. If you typed in for example
PR photo specifications you will get this page of results
Search

But if you typed in photo specifications then the results will be somewhat different. The more specific the search then chances are you will find the answer.

Some posters give the regulars a thanks, some posters get the answer and are never heard of from again and then there are some posters who at times want us to hold their hand and do everything for them rather than trying to find the answer themselves or in extreme cases telling us we are wrong because a friend told them something different.

Patience from newer posters is also appreciated as sometimes the answers sought will not magically appear in 5 minutes and also take into consideration there is a time difference between the UK and Canada of between 4 to 8 hours depending on the time zones across Canada.

There is also a wealth of information in the Wiki section at the top of the BE page located on the blue horizontal line running across the page.

We can give you answers and advice but don't expect us to make the decision for you regarding should I move to Canada or X Province, city etc etc.

If a mod feels like this should be placed in the Immigration Read Me portion feel free to move it there.