British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Immigration Lawyer Catherine Sas- opinions? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/immigration-lawyer-catherine-sas-opinions-837040/)

juliemcmahon Oct 28th 2014 1:53 am

Re: Immigration Lawyer Catherine Sas- opinions?

That is probably true, however I just joined today, and hopefully getting the right answers is better late than never.

Best,
Julie

Novocastrian Oct 28th 2014 2:00 am

Originally Posted by juliemcmahon (Post 11453061)
That is probably true, however I just joined today, and hopefully getting the right answers is better late than never.

Best,
Julie

But they're not right are they?

rivingtonpike Oct 28th 2014 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 11453067)

Julie says they are....

davedba Oct 28th 2014 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 11310877)
+1

Any immigration consultant that tells you that you can continue to work on 'implied status' from an IEC work permit is to be avoided.

Once you obtain PNP nomination you could apply for a TWP, but you can't continue to work on implied status on an IEC.

There are several threads explaining why you can't.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...us-iec-815262/

Hi, do you know by any chance if PGWP holders can continue to work on implied status? Thank you.

christmasoompa Oct 28th 2014 7:51 am

Originally Posted by juliemcmahon (Post 11453061)

Best,
Julie

Welcome to BE. It's not really the done thing to bump such old threads, even if you're just trying to help. Also please don't put your work info in your posts, as it looks rather like you're touting for business - see site rule 9, you can put info in your sig.

If you could read the Newcomers to the Forum sticky thread that would be fab, thanks.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 11453067)

m

Which bit do you think isn't right?

christmasoompa Oct 28th 2014 7:52 am

Originally Posted by davedba (Post 11453108)
Hi, do you know by any chance if PGWP holders can continue to work on implied status? Thank you.

If applying for what? Highly unlikely I'd say, as a PGWP can't be extended either. But tell us what you've actually applied for and hopefully somebody will be able to help.

Novocastrian Oct 28th 2014 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11453223)

Which bit do you think isn't right?

1) or IEP?

christmasoompa Oct 28th 2014 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 11453968)
1) or IEP?

Ah. I took that to just be a typo for IEC.

Novocastrian Oct 28th 2014 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11454089)
Ah. I took that to just be a typo for IEC.

Oh. You're probably right. I was just being grumpy. ;)

davedba Oct 29th 2014 1:54 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11453225)
If applying for what? Highly unlikely I'd say, as a PGWP can't be extended either. But tell us what you've actually applied for and hopefully somebody will be able to help.

Thank you for your response. I'm on a PGWP expiring January 1, 2015, applied for BC PNP under the International Graduate Stream back in July. However the processing times now are 8-9 months as per Welcome BC - Processing Times

Thank you.

christmasoompa Oct 29th 2014 8:12 am

Originally Posted by davedba (Post 11454506)
Thank you for your response. I'm on a PGWP expiring January 1, 2015, applied for BC PNP under the International Graduate Stream back in July. However the processing times now are 8-9 months as per Welcome BC - Processing Times

Thank you.

OK, so in my layman's opinion, you wouldn't qualify for implied status, as you haven't applied to extend anything, but rather applied for a whole new type of visa.

HTH.

SchnookoLoly Oct 29th 2014 3:41 pm

I think I've read elsewhere that IEC and PWGP are the two programs that aren't applicable for applied status as neither visa is extendible, which is the main barrier with implied status.

davedba Oct 30th 2014 3:25 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 11454672)
OK, so in my layman's opinion, you wouldn't qualify for implied status, as you haven't applied to extend anything, but rather applied for a whole new type of visa.

HTH.

thank you :(