Immigration lawer for Lmia

Old Jun 23rd 2017, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

TDph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration lawer for Lmia

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a representative to do the Lmia for me. I have a job offer but the company have asked me to get a representative sorted so the form gets correctly filled in as they haven't done one before. Thanks in advance.
Tim
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration lawer for Lmia

Just checking you understand the LMIA must be done for your employer and that the employer must pay the fees for the Rep and for the LMIA. The employer must not recover any fees from you.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply. I did know that they had to pay the $1000 fee but didn't realise they had to pay for representative.
Cheers tim
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TDph
Thanks for your reply. I did know that they had to pay the $1000 fee but didn't realise they had to pay for representative.
Cheers tim
Absolutely you must not pay the fees relating to any part of the LMIA.

You can (be expected to) pay the fees to a rep if the Rep subsequently applies for the WP for you once the LMIA has been approved or at least applied for.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks snowy560, this why BE is so great. Loads of helpful advice. Will I need a to do my English test to get the Lmia. Or can this be done afterwards? My has just expired.
Thanks tim
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks snowy560, this why BE is so great. Loads of helpful advice. Will I need a to do my English test to get the Lmia. Or can this be done afterwards? My has just expired.
Thanks tim
No English test required for the LMIA unless the job requires English as a condition and IRCC/CBSA don't believe you speak/understand English.
Assuming you are a UK citizen no lawyer is required as the employer submits the information to ESDC and pays the $1000 for the LMIA if approved. All you need is a copy of the LMIA and then show that when entering Canada and pay the $155 fee for the work permit. Its as simple as that.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 9:10 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

They may have offered you a job, but they will have to show ESDC what efforts they made to hire a Canadian, how many applied, where they advertised, for how long and why the Canadian applicants were not suitable. Wanting to hire you on its own is insufficient to get the LMIA approved. It is an onerous and expensive process these days. Far fewer are approved now than under the old system.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, former Lancastrian
I am in the U.K. I've sent the company an email advising that they need to pay the fee & for any representation regarding Lmia. So hopefully it doesn't put them off. That's good news regarding the temporary work permit as I wanted to put off my English test as long as poss so it doesn't expire again. Thanks for your reply it's greatly appreciated. Tim
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, former Lancastrian
I am in the U.K. I've sent the company an email advising that they need to pay the fee & for any representation regarding Lmia. So hopefully it doesn't put them off. That's good news regarding the temporary work permit as I wanted to put off my English test as long as poss so it doesn't expire again. Thanks for your reply it's greatly appreciated. Tim
If they are requesting you pay the LMIA fee, I would run a mile.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

You can't pay either the fee or the fee if the company requires support from professional (and it may do: LMIAs are not easy applications).

The Employer has to sign that it will not recover anything from the employee. I have no doubt it goes on, but it's not legal.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 10:28 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
You can't pay either the fee or the fee if the company requires support from professional (and it may do: LMIAs are not easy applications).

The Employer has to sign that it will not recover anything from the employee. I have no doubt it goes on, but it's not legal.
LMIAs are such a pain and expense, we have now refrained from hiring foreign workers. Employers inexperienced in the process, often run afoul of the procedure, especially the advertising requirement, doing it the right way and in believing it is just a formality.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Exactly. And you can do everything "right" and they still get refused.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a representative to do the Lmia for me. I have a job offer but the company have asked me to get a representative sorted so the form gets correctly filled in as they haven't done one before. Thanks in advance.
Tim
Where is the company based? We know a good guy here in Vancouver if the firm want to pay for his services!
Old Jun 24th 2017, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, thanks for all your replies. The company who want to employ me seem genuine & keen to pay any costs I just think they were unaware. I've spoken to a law firm based in London uk /Vancouver & passed on the details. On speaking to the plumbing firm owner he said that they always have jobs advised with little or no interest. I know it's a long shot but fingers crossed it will work out. I've also applied to challenge the exam which has been expected & signed up for an online course aimed at plumbers so I can hopefully sit the exam. I'll keep trying my best & I will get to Vancouver one day I'm sure. Thanks again for the advice if anyone has any tips on how to boost my points or other possible ways to get in please let me know.
Thanks tim
Old Jun 24th 2017, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Good luck

Challenge the exam
Get a job offer supported by an LMIA
Do your language test in due course
There was a Federal Skilled Trades Express Entry draw at 199 points just recently
Have a chat with the Rep if the Employer hires her/him.

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 24th 2017 at 3:24 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.