Immigration Interview Update

Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold
Default Immigration Interview Update

Hi all,

Well, Thursday was the big day, the day of my husband's immigration interview at CHC London.

Firstly, we were inTrafalger Square the day before the interview, as we decided to do the tourist thing in London and go down the day before. We thought we would go into Canada House and double check our directions for McDonald House. The receptionist in Canada House was sooooooooo rude to us as she begrudgedly shoved a map into our hands, we left feeling really upset as if her meaness was a sign of what was to come.

Then, at McDonald House on the day of the interview, we experienced more rude officials. I couldn't believe that these are the people representing Canada. I'm surprised people don't change their minds about wanting to come to Canada after experiencing such negativity!

Anyhow, my husband got called in for his interview and the man explained that he just wanted to talk to hubby first, but may call me in after. I could instantly tell that he was a kind person and had a positive manner about him, so I felt much more relieved. After about half an hour, he called me in.

He said that because of my background working in crininal justice, he figured I would understand the 'legal stuff'. Basically, he explained that our application was initially refused for criminal inadmissability. But he said that he took a second look at the case because of some additonal information he received from me (the only thing I can think of is the letter that was sent to explain all the mistakes that the psychiatrist made during the extra medical hubby was sent for). He said that he set the interview date so that it fell after the 5yr from the offence date. He said that basically he was using his authority to treat the offence as if it were covered under the rehabiitation of offenders act and now considered spent. So.....he told us not to worry! He said that hubby will need to repeat his medical as his previous medical is expired and he said that he will do a check with the RCMP. He said it should be another 8 to 12 weeks for everything to get finalized! He was soooo nice and reassuring.

So, somehow hubby has been considered rehabilitated even though we had not applied for it, didn't pay the fee etc.

Hubby said that when he was in the interview the officer asked him about how we met, about the kids, our marriage/wedding, my qualifications, and then asked for some details about the offence itself.

We are soooooooooooooooo happy!!!!! We applied in August 2007 and have had this weight on our shoulders ever since. Now there is light at the end of the tunnell. It is such good news to us!!! A few more months and we will have made it! I am so happy that we don't have to start all over again.

Thanks to everyone on here that has helped me with my questions and reassured my worries.

Oh a funny thing was that a few hours after the interview, there was a police presence at Liverpool St Station and as we came up the sniffer dog followed hubby. Before we knew it two police officers were man handling him around the corner where they proceeded to search him. I was terrified! They searched his pockets, frisked him, checked his wallet, asked if he has been taking any drugs or if he has any residue on him. Then they said that someone from the tube had probably took some drugs and the scent went on hubby. Then they let him go!!! My word.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:02 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Interview Update

Jeez , you must be a bag of nerves !!

Sounds like it went really well though

Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Congratulations. Despite the rudeness and the police dog, all's well that ends well, so said someone famous....

Ray
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

What good news! Many congratulations!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 5:01 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cancov
Hi all,

Well, Thursday was the big day, the day of my husband's immigration interview at CHC London.

Firstly, we were inTrafalger Square the day before the interview, as we decided to do the tourist thing in London and go down the day before. We thought we would go into Canada House and double check our directions for McDonald House. The receptionist in Canada House was sooooooooo rude to us as she begrudgedly shoved a map into our hands, we left feeling really upset as if her meaness was a sign of what was to come.

Then, at McDonald House on the day of the interview, we experienced more rude officials. I couldn't believe that these are the people representing Canada. I'm surprised people don't change their minds about wanting to come to Canada after experiencing such negativity!

Anyhow, my husband got called in for his interview and the man explained that he just wanted to talk to hubby first, but may call me in after. I could instantly tell that he was a kind person and had a positive manner about him, so I felt much more relieved. After about half an hour, he called me in.

He said that because of my background working in crininal justice, he figured I would understand the 'legal stuff'. Basically, he explained that our application was initially refused for criminal inadmissability. But he said that he took a second look at the case because of some additonal information he received from me (the only thing I can think of is the letter that was sent to explain all the mistakes that the psychiatrist made during the extra medical hubby was sent for). He said that he set the interview date so that it fell after the 5yr from the offence date. He said that basically he was using his authority to treat the offence as if it were covered under the rehabiitation of offenders act and now considered spent. So.....he told us not to worry! He said that hubby will need to repeat his medical as his previous medical is expired and he said that he will do a check with the RCMP. He said it should be another 8 to 12 weeks for everything to get finalized! He was soooo nice and reassuring.

So, somehow hubby has been considered rehabilitated even though we had not applied for it, didn't pay the fee etc.

Hubby said that when he was in the interview the officer asked him about how we met, about the kids, our marriage/wedding, my qualifications, and then asked for some details about the offence itself.

We are soooooooooooooooo happy!!!!! We applied in August 2007 and have had this weight on our shoulders ever since. Now there is light at the end of the tunnell. It is such good news to us!!! A few more months and we will have made it! I am so happy that we don't have to start all over again.

Thanks to everyone on here that has helped me with my questions and reassured my worries.

Oh a funny thing was that a few hours after the interview, there was a police presence at Liverpool St Station and as we came up the sniffer dog followed hubby. Before we knew it two police officers were man handling him around the corner where they proceeded to search him. I was terrified! They searched his pockets, frisked him, checked his wallet, asked if he has been taking any drugs or if he has any residue on him. Then they said that someone from the tube had probably took some drugs and the scent went on hubby. Then they let him go!!! My word.
WOW what a nightmare but you got there in the end.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cancov
Hi all,

So pleased for you, that it has all come good in the end,

Its such a shame as you say that the people representing Canada were so rude, we have heard that again and again.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update ,my well wishes and congratulations
to both of you
Yoong
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:01 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, that is brilliant news
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:06 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Great news although I'm suprised that the CHC officials were so rude. Going through the NS PNP I had an interview here in Halifax and everyone was extremely polite and friendly so I havent experienced CHC staff. But perhaps they have been in London long enough for rudeness to rub-off!? Its bad though, as you say they are representing Canada and Canada is competing for the same immigrants as other countries such as Australia etc. People dont have to come here and Canadian government officials ought to remember that.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

nspaul

why did you need to have an interview if you dont mind me asking? we are also doing pnp within canada via halifax and intrigued to know why the need for an interview?
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:20 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

At the time they were insisting everyone going through NS PNP had an interview in Halifax. To be honest I thought it was a bit unreasonable expecting us all to fly out again for an interview but I did give us the chance to see NS in the middle of winter! This was when the program was being run by Cornwallis Financial.

I believe the do still do interview some applicants but they havent go the manpower to inteview everyone these days.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks paul yes things have certainly got easier from what I can gather

and huge luck once again cancov
Old Oct 27th 2008, 6:38 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Hi Cancov,

OMG!! You must have been having kittens!! I'm so pleased everything has worked out for you in the end. It's been such a year for you both.

Good luck with everything.

Rubie x
Old Oct 27th 2008, 6:45 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, cancov, that's good news! You have been through the wringer over the last year, but now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
x