Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

immigration interview please help!

immigration interview please help!

Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all
Default immigration interview please help!

Not quite the letter i was hoping for landed on the mat this morning, request for an interview in London. My husband applied under self employed cultural activities in 2007. All sorts now running around my head wondering what the problem is, they have requested me to attend too, is this the norm? could i be the issue! Can't apply for application status as the interview is 28th Jan it wouldn't have time to arrive.
I would really appreciate any advice regarding this, its really given me the heeby jeebies.

in anticipation
Justie
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: immigration interview please help!

You could try and get your CAIPS notes - that may help in ascertaining any reason why they have called the interview.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all

Yehh i have to consider it but it did say it would take 5 - 6 wks to arrive & i only have 4 so i'm not sure if it would just make me more stressed out waiting for it.
Thanks for your reply
Justie
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

It isn't one of the more common routes, so it may be that being called for an interview is much more likely than the skilled worker route.

On what basis are you using this route (e.g. Actor etc.) then maybe someone can advice on what you could come up against at the interview.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:26 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justie
Not quite the letter i was hoping for landed on the mat this morning, request for an interview in London. My husband applied under self employed cultural activities in 2007. All sorts now running around my head wondering what the problem is, they have requested me to attend too, is this the norm? could i be the issue! Can't apply for application status as the interview is 28th Jan it wouldn't have time to arrive.
I would really appreciate any advice regarding this, its really given me the heeby jeebies.

in anticipation
Justie
You'll have been requested to attend because you're on the application, i'd have thought.

I'd also have thought that as your route is rare compared to the alternatives, they may hand select applicants for interview and you were an unlucky one.

Don't worry about it. Just answer truthfully based on your application. I'd have thought if the application was to fail big time, you'd know about it by now.

Just have a few whiskeys before you go in there.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you both for your positive replies, it is just disappointing when you have had to wait so long for that next stage, was hoping so much it would go smoothly albeit slowly.
My husband is a craftsman designs and makes hand crafted furniture. In retrospect when we received our update requests it was all geared towards skilled worker & i thought it was odd, no specific forms for self employed etc as i think there used to be. i just wonder if they want to quiz us about the business plan etc. Iam a physio, i just wish last spring when i had thought of withdrawing and reapplying with me as main applicant we had.
But, as you say hopefully all will be well.
Thanks guys!

Justie