Immigration Information

Old Jan 1st 2008, 1:54 am
Just Joined

davida969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Information

Hello everyone

I recently visited Vancouver Island in 2007 over summer with my parents and we loved it. Our friends who have lived there for 12 years invited us over and we were totally blown away by it all.

Since we came back we really want nothing more than to get back over there asap. We have been in touch with a few people and as far as I can see the only way of getting there quickly (i.e. summer 08) is to fly there, set up a rented house, get a job offer and a positive lmo from service canada and then go and file a work permit application in Seattle.

The thing is my parents are 50 and 60 respectively, lots of years of work behind them but no formal qualifications. I myself will have a BSc in Psychology and Forensics come July 2008 as well as college and high school qualifications. I will also have 3 years retail management experience (Store Manager) under my belt as well. Can anyone tell me how to go around getting to Canada for summer, as we are aware the skilled immigration wait in England is 3 years....

Any help would be great

Happy New Year

David
Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Information

Originally Posted by davida969
Can anyone tell me how to go around getting to Canada for summer, as we are aware the skilled immigration wait in England is 3 years....
The skilled immigration is 5+ to eternity waiting time.

I believe your best options is that once you have your qualifications that you start looking for work. You could send in the simplified application now. Don't know about sponsoring your parents. Might be doable.

Once you have your skills and education transfered over to Canadian qualifications you could look for work.

Another one is to try the Bunac route and once in the country look for permanent job. The Bunac route would only be applicable to you if you are stll under 35.

But the first thing you should do is read the WIKI and read the CIC website. A lot of your questions will be answered there. I suggest you read those sites inbetween cramming for exams.

Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:42 am
Just Joined

davida969 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey YYZ, thanks for your information!

Yet more questions! What's the Bunac route, ive never heard of it I hit 22 in July so thats alright, CIC have said the waiting time for the UK Immigration is 3-5+ years which is unwholy pathetic. An immigration lawyer in Vancouver okayed us about going on a permit then applying from within, and also sponsoring my parents, would it be best to go on his advice or seek more concrete evidence?

Cheers
David
Old Jan 1st 2008, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davida969
hey YYZ, thanks for your information!

Yet more questions! What's the Bunac route, ive never heard of it I hit 22 in July so thats alright, CIC have said the waiting time for the UK Immigration is 3-5+ years which is unwholy pathetic. An immigration lawyer in Vancouver okayed us about going on a permit then applying from within, and also sponsoring my parents, would it be best to go on his advice or seek more concrete evidence?

Cheers
David
Please read the wiki and you will find your answers and be pointed in teh right direction to find more in depth details.

For BUNAC start here