Immigration Help

Old Dec 15th 2012, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

mblaxall79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Immigration Help

Hi,

This is my first post and any replies would be very helpful. I have been looking to move for the past 10 years now but personal life hasn't allowed it. Recent changes have really given me the boost to start the process but im concerned if have now left it to late.

Im currently a Police officer in London. I have been doing this for the past 10 years. Before this I worked in Leisure Management. I have spoken to several Immigration experts and seem to be getting the same replies. If I conduct a free assessment online I get told that I have no chance of getting any type of visa to Canada. All the companies that demand payment immediately state that my circumstances are very good and I stand a good chance of making my dream come true.

Does anyone know how true this is or if I am just kidding myself.

Thank you all in advance

Michelle
Old Dec 15th 2012, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Help

A number of provinces/cities were actively hiring UK police a year or two back, but I think they've stopped that at the moment. There are plenty of different visa programs you can apply for, so unless you'll be an automatic fail for criminal record or whatever (I presume that can't apply in your case) it's more a question of which route you should try than whether you can qualify at all.
Old Dec 15th 2012, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarkG
A number of provinces/cities were actively hiring UK police a year or two back, but I think they've stopped that at the moment. There are plenty of different visa programs you can apply for, so unless you'll be an automatic fail for criminal record or whatever (I presume that can't apply in your case) it's more a question of which route you should try than whether you can qualify at all.
Thank you for your response. im encouraged to continue with the process and see what the future throws at me.

Thank you
Old Dec 15th 2012, 10:45 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mblaxall79
Thank you for your response. im encouraged to continue with the process and see what the future throws at me.

Thank you
Have you looked through the Canada wiki?, as well as your police background, what other work experience, qualifications etc do you have?

It maybe you could try through the skilled worker visa stream or look at the provincial nomination streams depending on which province you want to head over to.

Check out some of the other threads and maybe start doing some networking with people out in Canada to a feel for work etc.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Have you looked through the Canada wiki?, as well as your police background, what other work experience, qualifications etc do you have?

It maybe you could try through the skilled worker visa stream or look at the provincial nomination streams depending on which province you want to head over to.

Check out some of the other threads and maybe start doing some networking with people out in Canada to a feel for work etc.
Thank you, Im kooking through the Wiki now.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

PortchesterRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am currently a serving police officer, 9 years in May, in Hampshire. I am hoping to move to Nova Scotia next year with my family. my wife has been nominated by Nova Scotia via community identified scheme visa route. she is a Social Worker.
I have looked at the possibility of transferring to the police over there but it is very difficult at the moment. However I have heard on the grapevine that Nova Scotia may set a recruitment drive for British Police Officers in the next year or so. If I hear anything more I will let you know
Good luck with yr search for a visa route and if you need anything let me know.
Nova Scotia/ Canada is such a lovely a lovely place
John
Old Dec 16th 2012, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by mblaxall79
Hi,

This is my first post and any replies would be very helpful. I have been looking to move for the past 10 years now but personal life hasn't allowed it. Recent changes have really given me the boost to start the process but im concerned if have now left it to late.

Im currently a Police officer in London. I have been doing this for the past 10 years. Before this I worked in Leisure Management. I have spoken to several Immigration experts and seem to be getting the same replies. If I conduct a free assessment online I get told that I have no chance of getting any type of visa to Canada. All the companies that demand payment immediately state that my circumstances are very good and I stand a good chance of making my dream come true.

Does anyone know how true this is or if I am just kidding myself.

Thank you all in advance

Michelle
http://www.joineps.ca/ApplicationPro...pplicants.aspx

Edmonton Police Service are hiring, and the link for more info is attached. Not sure about hiring from overseas, but the information is on their site.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 7:16 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lloydies

Edmonton Police Service are hiring, and the link for more info is attached. Not sure about hiring from overseas, but the information is on their site.
The link states they are no hiring from overseas unless the applicant already has PR.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal
Hi,
I am currently a serving police officer, 9 years in May, in Hampshire. I am hoping to move to Nova Scotia next year with my family. my wife has been nominated by Nova Scotia via community identified scheme visa route. she is a Social Worker.
I have looked at the possibility of transferring to the police over there but it is very difficult at the moment. However I have heard on the grapevine that Nova Scotia may set a recruitment drive for British Police Officers in the next year or so. If I hear anything more I will let you know
Good luck with yr search for a visa route and if you need anything let me know.
Nova Scotia/ Canada is such a lovely a lovely place
John
John,

Thank you very much. That is really useful to know, i will keep an eye on that. Good luck with you application and I hope all goes well for you abd your family,
Michelle
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lloydies

Thank you, unfortunatley they are not currently hiring overseas applicants.