Immigration Form

Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Tens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Form

1. There is a question as to how much unencumbered transferable money I have at the current moment. The simple answer to this is very little, but I have plenty of money which is encumbered if I was to make the move right now. Will this look bad if I put down the truth or shall I lie a little?

2. My work experience is limited in terms of the time spent in the same job. I have completed around 2 years of full time work but split over 3 jobs (site states: You must have at least one continuous year of full-time) and I will have completed at least 2 by the time my immigration forms are processed. Do they take this into account, will it look bad on my initial application?

Many Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Immigration Form

Hi Tens

First things first I would suggest that you never lie on an application. Its grounds for deportation if its ever discovered no matter how much later on, its just not worth the risk.

If the funds are encumbered in the form of a house then you should be ok declaring that for applications in London apparently London is one of the few if any that accept funds tied up in houses. If its tied up in something else then I'm not sure.

As to your work experience the official line is that you should meet all of the requirements at the time of application so your work experience would need to be to the required level for the job you state on the form.

HTH

Tom
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

I wouldn't say it was lieing, T suppose the money isnt the issue especially if what you say is true.
The work experience I have gained has been 9 months work in my year in industry for my degree, roughly 1 year of equivalent part time work and then 6 months working after my degree.

I am stuck as to what to do, I am 1 year after my graduation and at the current moment hit 65 points (being unsure as to exactly how they classify work experience - continuous/in which fields it is in).

I am happy to wait 3 years to get PR using this time to help my assessment when it comes to it but waiting a few years to apply and then wait seems crazy. I am planning on spending a year there with a working visa in a few years time. Could i use this time to get a job offer or something to help me?

Just having read nearly all the thread on the the changes to the immigration process I am now completely lost.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi Tens

I wasn't trying to be critical only pointing out that being less than 100% honest can have serious consequences down the line.

If you read some of the background posts particularly those relating to the new regulations you will see that points don't make prizes anymore. You really need a job to get over in a reasonable timescale. Most people who know the system estimate that a standard application with no arranged employment might take well over 5 years to get to the top of the pile. All the moves are towards targeted immigration so if you are not on the skills in demand list of your chosen province then you could wait a lot longer.

I would suggest that if your borderline on points then forget about a simplified application and start researching your field of employment in Canada and start looking for work.

If your under 30 you could consider BUNAC as a way to get Canadian experience.

cheers
Tom
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

I have spent 6 months in canada not working and am planning on going in 2010 for a year on a work visa from bunac, is this what you mean by gain experience - I cant stay for longer than 12 months and therefore any experience will be less than 1 year.
My degree is in Business IT and am aware that not all IT jobs are in need of workers and some are but I dont have an area in IT and am sure most who work in IT could do many other IT jobs too, especially as I have only been out a year from uni I dont mind doing anything.
IF I was to gain arranged employment how long do I have to stay in that job to be classed as a PR, as im sure they must have to monitor this otherwise poeple would setup jobs and then not actually do them just to get PR.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

BUNAC would get you an extra 5 points I think if you worked for all of it.

If you get arranged employment to assist your PR there is a check on the job and employer to make sure the job is genuine and an arranged employment opinion is issued before you can apply. AEOs don't seem to be that easy to get as it would require an employer to keep a job open for however long it takes to get you over there.

If you have a number of options for your career I would find one on the skills shortage lists that you like and start working towards getting experience and/or jobs in that area. If you can secure a job then it should be possible to get over on a TWP relatively quickly depending on province.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:45 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

BUNAC is unlikely to add any points. That would involve getting job on day one and working continuously for the full year. Besides the system is changing.

You don't have enough points right now, plus it doesn't sound like you have one years work experience in a skilled job. Unless you can get job offer, there's no point in applying until the new rules come out.

Have you considered a study visa? Otherwise I would try securing employment with a company in the UK that has a significant Canadian presence, and opportunity for secondment / transfers.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Those options sound very unlikely to happen and if they did the time it would take for those options to come about surley I would have reached the front of the queue (3-5 yrs).
I dont understand how they could let anyone in that is my age and completed a degree unless they are fluent in French and English or have family, which in all honesty isnt a benefit to Canada really.
I can get a Job which is on the list as at the moment I dont mind what I do seeing as I have no preference and experience in a certain area.

If i have a year or 2s experience of a job on the list will that be enough to seperate me from others or will they require me to actually go into a Job in canada as to be honest I dont want to work in IT when I arrive, especially not forever.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 3:47 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tens
Those options sound very unlikely to happen and if they did the time it would take for those options to come about surley I would have reached the front of the queue (3-5 yrs).
I dont understand how they could let anyone in that is my age and completed a degree unless they are fluent in French and English or have family, which in all honesty isnt a benefit to Canada really.
I can get a Job which is on the list as at the moment I dont mind what I do seeing as I have no preference and experience in a certain area.

If i have a year or 2s experience of a job on the list will that be enough to seperate me from others or will they require me to actually go into a Job in canada as to be honest I dont want to work in IT when I arrive, especially not forever.
Unfortunately thats how the system works right now. Canada is looking for skilled workers, not new graduates.

If you're serious about Canada your best bet is to either get Canadian qualifications (study visa), or work experience that will lead to a Canadian job. BUNAC might help, and I'd recommend doing this as a chance to experience living in Canada. But don't expect to walk into a great job, most BUNACers do low skilled bar/retail/hotel work. You've got to look at it from an employers standpoint - why would they go through all the hassle of employing a UK graduate with little work experience, when they can get a Canadian or skilled immigrant to do the job?

You're in a great position now to shape your future. If you know Canada is the long term goal start working towards it now.

BTW - to apply for the Skilled Worker visa (and get in the queue) you must have enough points and work experience at time of application (ie right now). Doesn't sound like you do, so you can't get in the queue yet.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

thats exaclty my point, I am happy to wait for 2-3 yrs but would they turn me away in 2-3 years when i actually do have the experience just becuase when my application was received i didnt have this experience, or would they get my application and then ignore it because of my lack of experience....hence me making out my work experience is better than it is?
Old Jun 29th 2008, 10:51 am
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Immigration Form

Originally Posted by Tens
thats exaclty my point, I am happy to wait for 2-3 yrs but would they turn me away in 2-3 years when i actually do have the experience just becuase when my application was received i didnt have this experience, or would they get my application and then ignore it because of my lack of experience....hence me making out my work experience is better than it is?
Hi Tens - you need the experience BEFORE you apply. You must already have the specified job experience at the time you put your application in - irrelevant of how many years it will take to process. Hope this helps!