Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

To Immigration Experts Re: PR card renewal

To Immigration Experts Re: PR card renewal

Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

koofoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To Immigration Experts Re: PR card renewal

It's been a while since my last post. I had to find a mutually convenient time to attend the interview. We went downtown to the office off of expo blvd. They were running about 30 mins late. When we were called, the person at the counter asked a few questions to verify the facts that I had submitted in the application. Then she processed all our cards and handed them to us one at a time.

When a person writes his or her problem on this site they seek some reassurance and are already feeling vunerable.

What Andrew Miller wrote last was "Seems CIC phone agent you spoke with gave you wrong answer. You are going for the Loss of Status hearing.".

Simply wasn't true, I think the likes of Mr. Miller trawl through the postings looking for suitable victims whom they can scare into employing their services.

I was scared when I had received that letter, as it happens I had all my documentation to substantiate my story and the people at the immigration office were friendly and helpful.

Here's to second chances.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 8:30 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To Immigration Experts Re: PR card renewal

First of all - I don't "trawl" here for any "victims". You asked the question and few posters, including myself replied with answers. I never offered you my services. And for the record - I never accept Loss of Status cases. My practice is in immigration applications processes, I make sure that my clients never need to fight any battles with CIC, IRB or in courts with their immigration cases and that they know how to avoid ending up in troubles. If anyone wants my help in respect to maintenance of PR status and/or loss of it I can answer many questions for free, but if case seems to be going to the complex battle then I always suggest retaining good immigration lawyer as in most such cases final determination will be made by the Federal Court.

It was your own words - "Finally got a letter asking me to come in to an interview for determination of PR status." - so, you got the invitation to the determination of PR status interview. Just as stated and as I told you.

You were asked some questions to verify facts and officer was satisfied with answers - as result you got renewed PR Cards. If officer would not be satisfied with your answers and/or evidence you provided the end of story would be completely different.

Next time don't ask questions if you don't appreciate answers given by people who volunteer their time and expertise here. And don't make ungrounded accusations.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Sep 7th 2008 at 8:40 am.