Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

To Immigration Experts Re: PR card renewal

To Immigration Experts Re: PR card renewal

Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

koofoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To Immigration Experts Re: PR card renewal

I sent off for renewal of our PR cards. I checked the online status and it says that the application was approved and that we'd be invited to pick the cards from the local CIC office. The status was later updated to say that the file had been forwarded to the local CIC office who may contact me. However, last week I received letters from the local CIC office requesting for information that had already been submitted with the original application for renewal.
I must add that we did not meet the 730 days criteria due to a personal tragedy. I had documentation substantiating this. CPC in Sydney had approved the application according to online status, I believe on humanitarian grounds.
My question is that is it common for a local office to request information again even when online status shows that the application has been approved? Why then ask for data that's already in the file?

Appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:38 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Immigration Experts Re: PR card renewal

Hi

Originally Posted by koofoo
I sent off for renewal of our PR cards. I checked the online status and it says that the application was approved and that we'd be invited to pick the cards from the local CIC office. The status was later updated to say that the file had been forwarded to the local CIC office who may contact me. However, last week I received letters from the local CIC office requesting for information that had already been submitted with the original application for renewal.
I must add that we did not meet the 730 days criteria due to a personal tragedy. I had documentation substantiating this. CPC in Sydney had approved the application according to online status, I believe on humanitarian grounds.
My question is that is it common for a local office to request information again even when online status shows that the application has been approved? Why then ask for data that's already in the file?

Appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.
All Sydney does is manufacture PR cards, the local office will be investigating your loss of PR status and will be making the decision if you have lost your status or there are sufficient H.& C. not to report you. If they report you, you will have your chance at the Appeal hearing to prove the H.& C.
If you are reported, I would suggest that you hire help.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Then why does the online status say that my application was approved and that I would be invited to collect my cards from the local office? Also why ask for information that's already been submitted? Online status mentions that file was forwarded to local office, so information requested should be in that file.

Last edited by koofoo; Mar 4th 2008 at 8:50 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:57 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Never give any credibility to online status.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you to all experts who responded, for your very informative replies.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

It's been over a month since I sent the information requested by the local office, which was in the original application too if I may add. I've still not had any reply or any acknowledgement other than by tracking on CanadaPost's website to confirm delivery.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:21 am

Investigation into your PR status (how it was obtained and your absences) is ongoing. It takes time, sometimes several months.
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Still no cards, so decided to ring the call centre. Spoke to an agent and she went away to look into my file and came back to say that the cards have been approved and are waiting collection. I would be informed of the date to come in to collect them.
Would she have seen this from the online system too or would she had contacted the local office? If that is so then that's been the case since February.

Awaiting that letter from the local office
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:53 pm

Good for you
Old May 24th 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

This did not answer my question. i.e. Is there any credibility in what she said or would she had just looked at the online status too? Which you said earlier that I shouldn't pay any credibility to.
Old May 24th 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

This did not answer my question. i.e. Is there any credibility in what she said or would she had just looked at the online status too? Which you said earlier that I shouldn't pay any credibility to.
sounds to me like only she can probably answer your last question. unfortunately it also sounds like you are just going to have to wait and see.
Old May 24th 2008, 12:36 pm

I'll never put much faith in e-cas and even less into answers from phone agents at CIC. But hey, you never know - answer you got may have been that one good out of x number of bad answers.
Old May 24th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
I'll never put much faith in e-cas and even less into answers from phone agents at CIC.
have to totaly agree with that!!!
Old May 30th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Finally got a letter asking me to come in to an interview for determination of PR status.
As I mentioned in my initial post, I didn't meet residency obligations due to a family tragedy and some other factors.

Last edited by koofoo; May 30th 2008 at 8:29 am.
Old May 30th 2008, 9:04 am

Seems CIC phone agent you spoke with gave you wrong answer. You are going for the Loss of Status hearing. Good luck.

Please let us know what happened, no matter what is the outcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.