Wikiposts

immigration consultants

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigration consultants

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Totally true Andrew.
If they checked out the CIC web site it quite clearly states that any consultant or lawyer must be Canadian certified or any lawyer must be a serving member of the Law Society of Canada, meaning they will represent you from Canada only, not from the UK.

Check it out

http://www.akcanada.com/canadian_imm...on_lawyer.html
Not quite - a Canadian citizen resident in the UK can still be a member of CSIC. Or such a person could be a Canadian lawyer.

As can a Canadian permanent resident (technically) but as we all know, PR status does not last when one lives overseas.

Jeremy
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

ross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant future

Our consultatants (canadian but based in london) did an application assessment for free.

they have always been very helpful, offer job search help,relocation help, interview advice etc etc. always been there on the end of the phone or by email.

they work on a set fee - no visa no fee. £500 when they send the application and £500 when you get the visa.

pm me if you want their details.

(just had passport requests - application sent oct 2003)
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Originally Posted by ross&carolyn
Our consultatants (canadian but based in london) did an application assessment for free.

they have always been very helpful, offer job search help,relocation help, interview advice etc etc. always been there on the end of the phone or by email.

they work on a set fee - no visa no fee. £500 when they send the application and £500 when you get the visa.

pm me if you want their details.

(just had passport requests - application sent oct 2003)
Hi ross&carolyn,
sounds as though you are with the same agency as us, canadain ladies in Wembley!! We are waiting for our passport requests, september 31st 2003, hoping this week will hear something. Agree with you that the agency is very helpful.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

ross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant futureross&carolyn has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi ross&carolyn,
sounds as though you are with the same agency as us, canadain ladies in Wembley!! We are waiting for our passport requests, september 31st 2003, hoping this week will hear something. Agree with you that the agency is very helpful.
yes thats the same one!!
how funny to think they must have been doing our applications at the same time.
where are you off too when you get to canada?
we sent off our passports about 10 days ago but they did say they were going on holiday for a couple off weeks so any mail (including our passports) that arrived at the office for those two weeks in april wouldn't get sent on until they got back.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

did someone try to PM me?

stupid computer blocked it as a pop-up!!! so have a go at emailing me instead!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:20 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ross&carolyn
yes thats the same one!!
how funny to think they must have been doing our applications at the same time.
where are you off too when you get to canada?
we sent off our passports about 10 days ago but they did say they were going on holiday for a couple off weeks so any mail (including our passports) that arrived at the office for those two weeks in april wouldn't get sent on until they got back.
Hi ross&carolyn

We are also with those ladies!!
It took us just under 2 weeks to get our passports/visas back, we decided to go to Wembley and pick them up ourselves so that we could put a face to the voices and have a day out in London
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

There is atleast one certified immigration consultancy company in UK, proves a few wrong here already. Could anyone post the addresses or sites of few more, my relatives are seriously thinking of hiring some good, economical one.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:46 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Agency cannot be authorized - it is the lawyer or consultant himself or herself who can only be authorized. If it is agency claiming to be authorized then they are not telling the truth. The person (not agency) who consults you, who you hire and give your money to must be member of CSIC or Law Society in Canada.

Originally Posted by samon
There is atleast one certified immigration consultancy company in UK, proves a few wrong here already. Could anyone post the addresses or sites of few more, my relatives are seriously thinking of hiring some good, economical one.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Anyone know anything about this Company?

Canadian Citizenship & Immigration Resource Center (CCIRC) Inc.
Run by Colin Singer, in Montreal

Cheers,
Kenny
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

pizzaboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi KennyJosie,

Colin Singer is an Attorney registered with the Québec Bar. Seems legitimate to me.

As for job search, I would like to clarify one point which Mr. Miller has pointed out. As far as I know, it is NOT illegal for company to charge for job search everywhere in Canada.

In fact, this is an area of provincial jurisdiction and thus, each provinces have their own rules regarding this type of activity. I have conducted a brief research regarding this issue a while ago. So far, I only found a few provinces with very basic restrictions regarding job search company.

For instance, Saskatchewan has a very basis regulation regarding Employment Agency. It is known as the The Employment Agencies Act:

http://www.canlii.org/sk/laws/sta/e-...211/whole.html

However, A person violating section 2 is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction before a provincial magistrate or two or more justices of the peace to a fine of not less than $10 nor more than $25. Nothing too scary!

For example, Québec and Ontario do not appear to have restrictive legislations regarding job search activity.

Mr. Miller, is there any provision in the Canadian Criminal Code which makes it illegal for a company to offer job search services? If not, have you consulted every single provinces legislation to claim that job search is illegal in Canada?

Regards to everyone!

Last edited by pizzaboy; Apr 11th 2005 at 9:41 am.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Thanks for the re-assurance Pizzaboy.
We employed their services last year and we have been at the dreaded "in process" stage since November, so I was getting just a bit nervous although I know that it takes a lot longer than 6 months toget any feedback. (Attorney said another 6 months from now)
Thanks again,
Kenny
Originally Posted by pizzaboy
Hi KennyJosie,

Colin Singer is an Attorney registered with the Québec Bar. Seems legitimate to me.

As for job search, I would like to clarify one point which Mr. Miller has pointed out. As far as I know, it is NOT illegal for company to charge for job search everywhere in Canada.

In fact, this is an area of provincial jurisdiction and thus, each provinces have their own rules regarding this type of activity. I have conducted a brief research regarding this issue a while ago. So far, I only found a few provinces with very basic restrictions regarding job search company.

For instance, Saskatchewan has a very basis regulation regarding Employment Agency. It is known as the The Employment Agencies Act:

http://www.canlii.org/sk/laws/sta/e-...211/whole.html

However, A person violating section 2 is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction before a provincial magistrate or two or more justices of the peace to a fine of not less than $10 nor more than $25. Nothing too scary!

For example, Québec and Ontario do not appear to have restrictive legislations regarding job search activity.

Mr. Miller, is there any provision in the Canadian Criminal Code which makes it illegal for a company to offer job search services? If not, have you consulted every single provinces legislation to claim that job search is illegal in Canada?

Regards to everyone!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Hi, My Husband and I are thinking about hiring Willis Bozolot and co to sort our Visa out. My husband is a Class 1 HGV Truck Driver and has been for 14 years. The company mentioned is asking for £30 to process our asessment and a further £5,777.98 to complete our Visa (this includes my husband and I and our 3 young children.

Is this rate normal? Please help

Karla xxxx
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:50 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karla03
Hi, My Husband and I are thinking about hiring Willis Bozolot and co to sort our Visa out. My husband is a Class 1 HGV Truck Driver and has been for 14 years. The company mentioned is asking for £30 to process our asessment and a further £5,777.98 to complete our Visa (this includes my husband and I and our 3 young children.

Karla xxxx
Karla,

Save the money!!!!! HGV Drivers are in such demand here he could get a job (in at least two provinces) simply by walking in off the street.

Go to the main forum and ask around in there.

BC
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

richi686 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by philliz
Hi

I have arranged for an assessment with Willis Brazolot & co which has cost £30 when they will advise on the best areas of canada for us to target and which process of immigrtation is best for us, but after that they have said the whole process could cost between £2500 and £5000 which includes all the application costs. I was wondering if this was reasonable and if not I was hoping someone could recommend an immigration consultant and the cost of there services.

Thanks Phil
hi phil,
i have just had the same assesment and interview, their fees are now £5,900!! to immigrate with a job offer that they will help me with, through the skilled worker visa prog. i was interested to know which route/lawyer you used in the end, how much it cost and your experience?? any help would be very much appreciated
thanks,
richie.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

richi686 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karla03

Karla xxxx
hi karla,
im in the same boat with willis B, and was shocked by their fees what did you decide?? any advice for me. im applying for skilled worker with a job offer...
thanks,
richie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.