Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Immigration confusion - Mr. Miller please help.

Immigration confusion - Mr. Miller please help.

Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:41 am
Just Joined

tosin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration confusion - Mr. Miller please help.

Dear Mr Miller,

I have a little problem with my immigration visa application package and I was hoping you could direct into the right direction. Ok so here goes, I did an internship at a research center during my undergraduate years and after I graduated they offered me a job. I took the job letter and applied for a work permit while I was still in Canada. However, I had not received any pay yet because it would have been illegal for me to get it. While this was going on, I was applying to medical schools in another country. It so happens that I got accepted and left soon after. Now I have received a letter from the immigration department stating that my interview has been waived. I need to send them my medical files and a letter from the current employer ( which would be that research center). They also need proof for pay. I don't have either. I can get a letter form the research center but I cannot have the pay stubs because I never got paid. What should I do? should I write them a letter telling them that I am at that research center no more and can provide a letter from my current school telling them that I am currently enrolled in medical school. Or should I arrange for a letter from the research center? Please advise.
Thank you.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:04 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration confusion - Mr. Miller please help.

So, you claimed in your PR application that you work in Canada? If you didn't work as you have left then it is a misrepresentation. You better come clean fast and provide detailed explanation to visa post, much better than the one you gave us, which doesn't make much sense anyway.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:46 am
Just Joined

tosin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
So, you claimed in your PR application that you work in Canada? If you didn't work as you have left then it is a misrepresentation. You better come clean fast and provide detailed explanation to visa post, much better than the one you gave us, which doesn't make much sense anyway.
No that's exactly the problem. I did not claim to be working in my immigration application. I applied for immigration in 2005 and got offered the job a lot later. I applied for a work permit based on that job letter but then I got accepted into medical school. So I withdrew from the job and left for school. I didn't realize that when I obtained my work permit, it would be updated in the system that I was working in Canada. Hence now they are asking me for a letter from my current employer and income tax proof. What should I do about this? Just write them a letter explaining that I did not end up working there? In fact, I did visit Canada in April and I entered the country on the basis of a visit visa, not on the basis of the work permit ( I applied for a visitors visa in New York and was granted one in April itself.)
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:21 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Just explain everything.