immigration Card on Plane

Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

pocockc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigration Card on Plane

Hello

I am moving to Canada in November to marry my Canadian Girlfriend in Dec. I will then apply for PR Status.

What is the best thing to put down on the immigration cards that need to be filled out on the plane.

Also, has any flown to Canada with Zoom Airlines?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 2:22 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: immigration Card on Plane

Always tell the truth - lying or "forgetting" to disclose your true intentions will be an offence under immigration law and you don't want it to interfere with your plans.

Originally Posted by pocockc
Hello

I am moving to Canada in November to marry my Canadian Girlfriend in Dec. I will then apply for PR Status.

What is the best thing to put down on the immigration cards that need to be filled out on the plane.

Also, has any flown to Canada with Zoom Airlines?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

pocockc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Always tell the truth - lying or "forgetting" to disclose your true intentions will be an offence under immigration law and you don't want it to interfere with your plans.
I have been told that if I tell immigration of my true intentions (Which is to stay in Canada and Marry my Girlfriend), it is illegal for immigration to NOT let me into the country. Is this True?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 4:17 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pocockc
I have been told that if I tell immigration of my true intentions (Which is to stay in Canada and Marry my Girlfriend), it is illegal for immigration to NOT let me into the country. Is this True?
No!
thats not true.... you should tell the truth at the port of entry and they wouldnt stop you....
You can get in trouble if you dont tell them..

Last edited by amancharan; Sep 6th 2005 at 4:28 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

But you don't need to tell them anything if they don't ask

Originally Posted by amancharan
No!
thats not true.... you should tell the truth at the port of entry and they wouldnt stop you....
You can get in trouble if you dont tell them..
Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:11 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Not true. Omission of material facts is a punishable offence under immigration law. When asking for admission at the port of entry every person is asked for the purpose of visit - and this is when you must tell the truth, not to lie or omit anything. You don't need to volunteer info about what you had for dinner last night but you must state truthfully purpose of your visit and any other information that may affect officer's decision.

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
But you don't need to tell them anything if they don't ask