Immigration Canada

Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

santy013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Canada

Hi,
I am software programmer with more than 9+ years of experience in my field.
I think I will not have a problem in getting a job in Canada if I get a work permit/PR there.

My problem is:

1. I am not a manager and hence I am not qualifying for the category:0213.
2.The employers want work permit and vice versa (for PR work permit is required).
3.Some of the lawyers suggested to go through Quebec route but unsure if this will be the right move as I heard it is tough to get PR in Quebec province. I don't even know french too.
4. How can I apply from USA and give my interviews here if I am here in USA for only last 8 months?(I am an Indian and am on H1 visa)

Any suggestion/kind words for me will be highly helpful and appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Canada

Originally Posted by santy013
1. I am not a manager and hence I am not qualifying for the category:0213.
Doesn't make any difference, seeing as 0213 hasn't been an eligible NOC code for FSW cat 1 since June 2010!

2.The employers want work permit and vice versa (for PR work permit is required).
You need to explain to them that you cannot get a work permit without a job offer, they just don't understand how it works. It will depend on your skills and experience, but they may be prepared to go through the LMO process for you, especially once you tell them it costs them nothing to apply. Have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki for info on how to go about job hunting in Canada.

3.Some of the lawyers suggested to go through Quebec route but unsure if this will be the right move as I heard it is tough to get PR in Quebec province. I don't even know french too.
Don't know why Quebec has been suggested if you don't know French, you'd need a good knowledge of it to be consider for immigration there. How would you deal with the interview if you don't speak any French?!? If I were you, I'd forget Quebec.

4. How can I apply from USA and give my interviews here if I am here in USA for only last 8 months?(I am an Indian and am on H1 visa)
As I said above, read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki. You need to plan a trip there and job hunt in person ideally, or at the very least, pick up the phone - it's all about personal contact and networking in Canada.

HTH, good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Old Jun 29th 2011, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Doesn't make any difference, seeing as 0213 hasn't been an eligible NOC code for FSW cat 1 since June 2010!

You need to explain to them that you cannot get a work permit without a job offer, they just don't understand how it works. It will depend on your skills and experience, but they may be prepared to go through the LMO process for you, especially once you tell them it costs them nothing to apply. Have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki for info on how to go about job hunting in Canada.

Don't know why Quebec has been suggested if you don't know French, you'd need a good knowledge of it to be consider for immigration there. How would you deal with the interview if you don't speak any French?!? If I were you, I'd forget Quebec.

As I said above, read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki. You need to plan a trip there and job hunt in person ideally, or at the very least, pick up the phone - it's all about personal contact and networking in Canada.

HTH, good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks christmasoompa for your prompt reply.
Sorry if I err but unable to find the Job Hunting section, can you provide me the link or url.

Thanks.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
It will be really helpful if someone can help me out to find ways to immigrate to Canada.
I am sorry if I err but as you people are experienced so wanted to hear from you all.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Check the Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration on the Wiki.

This is the job hunting section: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...uctions-Canada
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks christmasoompa for your prompt reply.
Sorry if I err but unable to find the Job Hunting section, can you provide me the link or url.
You obviously haven't read the 'Newcomers to the Forum' sticky thread which would direct you to the Wiki - please do so, so that you can make use of forum resources.

Thx.