Immigration Advisor

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default Immigration Advisor

Hi,
Im from UK with my common law partner living in Canada on a 1 year visa via bunac. We are looking into options of how to apply for PR.
Could anyone recommend an immigration advisor in the BC - Vancouver/Whistler area that would be able to give us advice of the best route possible?

Thank you
Scott
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Advisor

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer
Hi,
Im from UK with my common law partner living in Canada on a 1 year visa via bunac. We are looking into options of how to apply for PR.
Could anyone recommend an immigration advisor in the BC - Vancouver/Whistler area that would be able to give us advice of the best route possible?

Thank you
Scott
Scott, start reading the site and see if you actually need to retain a consultant.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

yeah I've read the site quite a bit, but there are a few options which are potentially open to us and without a full understanding of any of them I'm uncertain as to which to pursue. I'd like the confidence to apply for the best route which suites our situation. Also I'm not sure I am aware of all the possible options.
Ill dig on the site as I go but speaking to someone personally would be preferred.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew Miller here is a CSIC consultant and in the Vancouver area.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

Hi,

Thank you
Scott
Andrew Miller is on this forum and based in Vancouver.
http://andrewmillercanada.com/

I myself came over through Bunac to be with my partner. After my initial visa ran out I applied for a 'change of conditions' and stayed on as a visitor. I then applied for PR through Family Class with my partner sponsoring me. I am not as knowledgeable as Mr. Miller and I have not yet been approved (application is still in process) but I am happy to try and answer any questions you have or just to offer support

Best of luck
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

thank you, I will certainly check it out. My partner is also from the UK so we are both in same situation when applying.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

thank you, I will certainly check it out. My partner is also from the UK so we are both in same situation when applying.
PNP could be the way to go if your employers are up for it....but I don't know a lot about that...
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

PNP appeals the most to me but not necessarily apply to us the most,

My partner is considering the study route which is something she would be interested in doing regardless of our country of residence, however I believe this may give me an option to work during the course on an open work permit.
We work in seasonal restaurant jobs in Whistler, and therefore unlikely to be eligible for PNP, however another option we are considering is moving closer to Vancouver in order for me to acquire work in my profession in IT, my partner also skilled and therefore have a possibility of applying for PNP.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 11:47 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

PNP appeals the most to me but not necessarily apply to us the most,

My partner is considering the study route which is something she would be interested in doing regardless of our country of residence, however I believe this may give me an option to work during the course on an open work permit.
We work in seasonal restaurant jobs in Whistler, and therefore unlikely to be eligible for PNP, however another option we are considering is moving closer to Vancouver in order for me to acquire work in my profession in IT, my partner also skilled and therefore have a possibility of applying for PNP.
Don't know much about the study route, but I imagine tuitions fees will be high. To come any other route it sounds like you'll need that job offer in IT to start with.

Contact Andrew Miller - he gives great advise on this site, and I believe he gives a free initial assessment.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:54 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thank you
Scott
Scott

I have come in on the study route with the view to getting out PR by the end of this year as my OH has arraged employment. The study route is the easiest to go for sure and there are lots of plus points to this, the only big minus for yourselves possibly is the fact that you need about 10k Engish, in the bank if I remember rightly, to prove that you can pay tuition fees before you apply, (double check the figure on the CIC site). If you apply now you could comfortably be here by June and then wife can work part time when not at school (the other 6 months of the year).... It's well worth a look.

What is she looking at studying and where? There are now about to be two BEs at Lethbridge College, which is an excellent college. I would have preferred a Uni in some ways, but it's way cheaper and offered the course I wanted and is a great little city.

Defo speak to Andrew though, he's been a great help to lots of people on here, although I applied to the study route on my own and will be doing the PR on my own, as it's a pretty straight forward process if you have no skeletons or complicated situations and are organised and literate. But if ever I had a PR problem I would definitely go to Andrew on a professional basis.

Anyway good luck and search study permit and you will find there are a few of us 'mature students" about lol!

All the best
Mrs Miggins. x