Immigration

Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

kimcatfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Immigration

Hi Can anyone help me!!?
I am a 34 year old single nurse with the offer of a job embarking on the reem of paper to emmigrate to Nova Scotia. I am really unsure what Visa to apply for (is there any such cheeper version? I dought it) I have been offered a job in NS and my father is a landed Canadian. I dont know if its best to go for a provicial nominee, or if i am too old to go the famliy sponsor route, or tempory work visa. I fit into the skilled worker but will be drawing my pention by the time i get there with that. I rang the embassy but alas no human contact only a voice message. The website sends you round is circles and makes my head hurt. They dont make it easy if they are looking for skilled workers.. Can anyone give any advice.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:23 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration

Hello, kimcatfish, and welcome to the BE forum.

Originally Posted by kimcatfish
I dont know if its best to go for a provicial nominee
That would be an okay way to do it.

or if i am too old to go the famliy sponsor route
Yes, you're too old for that.

or tempory work visa.
This would be another good way to do it. Once you were in Canada, working on a temporary work permit (TWP), you could apply to upgrade to permanent residence (PR) status.

I fit into the skilled worker but will be drawing my pention by the time i get there with that.
The next ice age is more like it.

It would help you to read the British Expats Wiki article called Nursing-Canada.

There also is a Nursing forum here at BE.

It also would help you to read these Wiki articles:
Yoú're at an advantage from the point of view that there's a shortage of nurses in Canada. It should be very feasible for you to gain admission to the country. It's much more difficult for people (even highly educated people) whose occupations are not in demand in Canada. There are several nurses on this forum who have obtained TWPs.

All the best with your quest.
x
Old Nov 5th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration

Hi Kim,

Glad you made it onto here. I spotted you straight away.

This site helped me through the minefield of immigration so I'm sure you will find it useful too.

Good luck, Lynn