immigrating to Ontario

Old Dec 26th 2014, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

justagirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigrating to Ontario

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could give me info...my boyfriend is wanting to move here from Manchester...how does one go about immigrating here. Ive looked online and all I do is get confused

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 26th 2014, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigrating to Ontario

Originally Posted by justagirl
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could give me info...my boyfriend is wanting to move here from Manchester...how does one go about immigrating here. Ive looked online and all I do is get confused

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Welcome. Your best bet will be to take a look at the Wiki listed at the top of the page and have a read through the contributions.

How old is he? If he's 30 and under, IEC may be a good choice to start with and that'll open up a whole range of further options; common law, CEC etc.
Old Dec 26th 2014, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

he just turned 50
Old Dec 26th 2014, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

he just turned 50
Ok, no problem. What's his work history? He could have some experience that qualifies him for the various skilled migration routes. Others with more experience will post here in the next day or so but some background on his work experience will certainly help get the ball rolling. In the meantime, do check out the wiki, a lot of info in there
Old Dec 26th 2014, 6:22 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

Thanks in advance
1. Get married, sponsor him as a spouse.

or

2. Find a new 'boyfriend' already in Canada.

Option 2 is by and far the easiest and cheapest.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 1:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

Thanks in advance
Without knowing an awful lot more about him (his employment history, education, etc), none of us can really tell you which of the 50+ visa routes he may qualify for, so I'd suggest you have a good look at the Wiki and CIC website to see if you can find one that may suit.

Once you've done that, you can come back and ask questions about it.

HTH, good luck.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 1:38 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a Canadian citizen? If so, sponsorship is the easiest way, assuming you qualify as common-law partners. Otherwise, as has been said, get married and sponsor as a married couple.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aviator
1. Get married, sponsor him as a spouse.

or

2. Find a new 'boyfriend' already in Canada.

Option 2 is by and far the easiest and cheapest.
I will tell him lol
Old Dec 29th 2014, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Without knowing an awful lot more about him (his employment history, education, etc), none of us can really tell you which of the 50+ visa routes he may qualify for, so I'd suggest you have a good look at the Wiki and CIC website to see if you can find one that may suit.

Once you've done that, you can come back and ask questions about it.

HTH, good luck.
Ive given him the site info and hes going to look and read up. Thanks
Old Dec 29th 2014, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

PropertyofG is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm reading the wiki info.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Can anyone help with this please? If myself and my girlfriend decide to go down the spousal sponsorship route, can we get married in Canada then apply?
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PropertyofG
Can anyone help with this please? If myself and my girlfriend decide to go down the spousal sponsorship route, can we get married in Canada then apply?
Welcome to the forum.

Where you get married doesn't matter at all, as long as it's a legal marriage then it counts and afterwards you can then apply to immigrate to Canada.

HTH, good luck.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for that information christmasoompa
Very much appreciated :-)