Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Immigrating to Nova Scotia, Halifax

Immigrating to Nova Scotia, Halifax

Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

haniyasin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigrating to Nova Scotia, Halifax

Hi all,
I have read the realistic wiki articles, and I found for my case I have the following options since my current position is Esolutions Department Manager:
1- Skilled Worker Stream
2-Skilled Worker Stream with Arranged employement
3-Skilled Worker Stream through the Nominee program of Nova Scotia

but there is a problem with all 3 options since option 1 implies I have to wait for the processing time (i dont know how long it takes after the new regulations)
option2 is almost impossible, since it is hard to find an employer willing to offer an indetrminite offer and wait for you 12-18 months or even more.
option 3 is also almost impossible since my position is available for canadian citizens not forgetting that the employer has to pay the national payscale standard, so why even bother himself looking for a foreign worker after all.

If my above statements are not valid please help me by clarifying it to me, if they were true I am asking for help on the following basis:
I am willing to coporate with a small business owner in Halifax for the Job, since I belive in small businesses more than large corporates

please help
Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Immigrating to Nova Scotia, Halifax

any advice please about this situation?
Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haniyasin
Hi all,
I have read the realistic wiki articles, and I found for my case I have the following options since my current position is Esolutions Department Manager:
1- Skilled Worker Stream
2-Skilled Worker Stream with Arranged employement
3-Skilled Worker Stream through the Nominee program of Nova Scotia

but there is a problem with all 3 options since option 1 implies I have to wait for the processing time (i dont know how long it takes after the new regulations)
option2 is almost impossible, since it is hard to find an employer willing to offer an indetrminite offer and wait for you 12-18 months or even more.
option 3 is also almost impossible since my position is available for canadian citizens not forgetting that the employer has to pay the national payscale standard, so why even bother himself looking for a foreign worker after all.

If my above statements are not valid please help me by clarifying it to me, if they were true I am asking for help on the following basis:
I am willing to coporate with a small business owner in Halifax for the Job, since I belive in small businesses more than large corporates

please help
Please don't 'bump' your own threads, particularly when you've only been waiting for an hour or so! Remember that most people in Canada are still asleep and that people will be far more likely to try and help you if you are polite and patient.

Can you clarify exactly what NOC code you think you qualify under? As I don't know what an 'Esolutions Department Manager' is.

As for your questions - processing time for all Skilled Worker applications is 6-12 months.

Option 2 should not be impossible, it's how most people on here get to Canada. Admittedly it's tricker at the moment given the recession in Canada, but lots of people manage it every day - they go over on a TWP so the employer doesn't have to wait so long, and then upgrade to PR once there. But if you qualify as a SW without a job offer then you don't need to find employment first anyway.

Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Please don't 'bump' your own threads, particularly when you've only been waiting for an hour or so! Remember that most people in Canada are still asleep and that people will be far more likely to try and help you if you are polite and patient.

Can you clarify exactly what NOC code you think you qualify under? As I don't know what an 'Esolutions Department Manager' is.

As for your questions - processing time for all Skilled Worker applications is 6-12 months.

Option 2 should not be impossible, it's how most people on here get to Canada. Admittedly it's tricker at the moment given the recession in Canada, but lots of people manage it every day - they go over on a TWP so the employer doesn't have to wait so long, and then upgrade to PR once there. But if you qualify as a SW without a job offer then you don't need to find employment first anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am extremly sorry ,i seemed impolite by pumping my thread , and thank you for replying, my job title is under NOC 0213
thank you all again
Old Jul 25th 2009, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

As you are looking at Halifax, Nova Scotia, there is another approach you seem to have missed. The Community Identified Stream of the Provincial Nominee Program can offer a fast-track to PR without the necessity of pre-arranged employment. Many have gone by this route and many are in the process of doing so.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianR
As you are looking at Halifax, Nova Scotia, there is another approach you seem to have missed. The Community Identified Stream of the Provincial Nominee Program can offer a fast-track to PR without the necessity of pre-arranged employment. Many have gone by this route and many are in the process of doing so.
thank you for your note I already struggled to socialize and netwrok with people from Halifax, but as the wiki states "it is hard to socialize when you are abroad, but it can be done".
I believe it can be done , but considering the time and costs, if am not mistaken related to a guy not already "identified by the community" i'd better consider one of the 3 options I stated, and incase the processing time mentioned by our friend christmasoompa 6-12 months then i shall go for it.
what do you think?
Old Jul 25th 2009, 6:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haniyasin
thank you for your note I already struggled to socialize and netwrok with people from Halifax, but as the wiki states "it is hard to socialize when you are abroad, but it can be done".
I believe it can be done , but considering the time and costs, if am not mistaken related to a guy not already "identified by the community" i'd better consider one of the 3 options I stated, and incase the processing time mentioned by our friend christmasoompa 6-12 months then i shall go for it.
what do you think?
If you qualify under NOC code 0213 and can apply as a Skilled Worker, then that is by far your easiest and best option.

Good luck!
Old Jul 25th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all, and good luck to us all, we are fighting in this life just to make it another day