Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

immigrating to alberta! help please!

immigrating to alberta! help please!

Old May 3rd 2011, 10:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigrating to alberta! help please!

Just checking, but are you sure you're definitely eligible as a FSW? You say you are 'community support workers', but that's not one of the occupations on the list at the moment, so would you be applying under a previous job?
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

trev03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but what do you mean? Started the documents at the visa centre london. Had numerous conversations, and then when the point marks were made, I scored 79 to be the main apicant. The application fee been paid the budget package, and filling out all the forms now. The letter last month said up to 13months the completion
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trev03
Sorry but what do you mean?
I mean 'the list' of eligible occupations - there are only 29 of them, and your current one isn't among them. You can easily find it on the CIC website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list

Started the documents at the visa centre london.
What visa centre? Do you mean the Canadian High Commission? And do you mean you obtained the application forms from there?

Had numerous conversations, and then when the point marks were made, I scored 79 to be the main apicant.
Numerous conversations with who? I'm unsure how you spoke to anybody at the Canadian High Commission, if that's where you are referring to? Having the points is great, but you also need a job on the list, just the points isn't enough.

The application fee been paid the budget package, and filling out all the forms now. The letter last month said up to 13months the completion
What 'budget package'? The fees are the same, you should be paying $550 per adult applicant, and $150 per child. Again this is all on the CIC website, which has a fee calculator. So not sure what you mean by 'budget'?
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Hey am not actually at home at the moment so will give you the details when I find them, thanks
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Hey sorry to bother you but what and how much you have to pay?
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hey sorry to bother you but what and how much you have to pay?
For what? Sorry, but I'm unclear on what you are asking. If you are asking about the fees for a Skilled Worker application, as I said above it's $450 per adult and $150 per child when you first apply. You'd then pay another $490 each as your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (adults only). Here is the info on the CIC website - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/efee/efee.do?lang=en

If I've misunderstood and you're asking about fees for anything else i.e. your IELTS exam, your medicals, etc, then a quick search of the forum will usually find the answer - if not, let me know.
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: immigrating to alberta! help please!

We gone with a ****************, called oceania development, and yeh the ielts test how much is that?
Old May 4th 2011, 12:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

We gone with a ****************, called oceania development, and yeh the ielts test how much is that?
I've no idea what the ****'s say (it's not a good sign if it's a company name, means they've been discussed here in the past in less than favourable terms!), but what do you mean 'oceania development'? Are you doing the Skilled Worker application yourself, or not?

You said above that you are filling in the forms, so you shouldn't be paying anybody anything - any immigration consultant will do that for you. If you are using an immigration consultant, then make sure they are licensed by CSIC, and make sure they do all of the legwork for you i.e. form filling, booking your IELTS, ordering your police check etc - that's what you're paying them for!! And if you are using a consultant, definitely double check what visa route they are recommending for you as I can't see how you are eligible as a Skilled Worker at the moment, unless it's under a previous occupation as I said above.

And the IELTs is usually around £130.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 4th 2011 at 12:24 am.
Old May 4th 2011, 12:29 am
Just Joined

Sorry for the replys, your helping me out a lot my mind has just gone blank
Old May 4th 2011, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

borgman is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like he means:

http://www.oceaniadevelopment.com/

http://www.visacentre.co.uk/

don't think from what I've read on this forum that immigration consultants have any way of influencing the process?

R