Immigation help

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigation help

Hi
Sorry if some of these questions seem to be repeated, however, everyone's situation is slightly different and as such I haven't quite found the answers that hit the nail on the head. Well here goes.

I am currently serving in the British forces as a Military Policeman. I am currently based in Cyprus (Medditeranean). I am due to leave the service in May 2006 and will have approximately Cdn$29-30000. My wife will be accompanying me as will our two children. Our oldest child is from my wife's previous relationship and they both have Canadian citizenship. Our son is British, however, we are led to understand he is eligible to gain Canadian citizenship by birth right.

We have been married since May '96 and have been posted to various countries with the forces, including Germany, U.K. and more recently Cyprus. We have also been posted to Canada. Whilst there I was working with the British Forces in Alberta.

When I apply for Immigration, does my wife become my sponsor, if so does she need proof of income. As during our time together I have been the provider 90 percent of the time. My wife has worked during this period, but as most jobs have been on army bases, they haven't really been a great source of income.

When we do apply do I need to put my wife and the children on the application as accompanying me to Canada. Or am I the only applicant.

Also would it help if my wife and children went back to Canada before I did, so she can find work as proof of income.

Well thanks in advance for any help advice and sorry it's not in any particular order.

P.S. I have a tempory S.I.N number and have completed 3 tours of two years in Canada, where I was the main income for our family. Would this help our case.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:14 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigation help

Your wife should simply sponsor you - and only you as your younger son is a Canadian as well (you need to apply for his proof of Canadian citizenship throgh Canadian visa post and later for his Canadian passport.

Income level is not a problem when sponsoring a spouse.

Originally Posted by leecyndisanders
Hi
Sorry if some of these questions seem to be repeated, however, everyone's situation is slightly different and as such I haven't quite found the answers that hit the nail on the head. Well here goes.

I am currently serving in the British forces as a Military Policeman. I am currently based in Cyprus (Medditeranean). I am due to leave the service in May 2006 and will have approximately Cdn$29-30000. My wife will be accompanying me as will our two children. Our oldest child is from my wife's previous relationship and they both have Canadian citizenship. Our son is British, however, we are led to understand he is eligible to gain Canadian citizenship by birth right.

We have been married since May '96 and have been posted to various countries with the forces, including Germany, U.K. and more recently Cyprus. We have also been posted to Canada. Whilst there I was working with the British Forces in Alberta.

When I apply for Immigration, does my wife become my sponsor, if so does she need proof of income. As during our time together I have been the provider 90 percent of the time. My wife has worked during this period, but as most jobs have been on army bases, they haven't really been a great source of income.

When we do apply do I need to put my wife and the children on the application as accompanying me to Canada. Or am I the only applicant.

Also would it help if my wife and children went back to Canada before I did, so she can find work as proof of income.

Well thanks in advance for any help advice and sorry it's not in any particular order.

P.S. I have a tempory S.I.N number and have completed 3 tours of two years in Canada, where I was the main income for our family. Would this help our case.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Your wife should simply sponsor you - and only you as your younger son is a Canadian as well (you need to apply for his proof of Canadian citizenship throgh Canadian visa post and later for his Canadian passport.

Income level is not a problem when sponsoring a spouse.
Thank you.

Would you be able to advise on a time to start applying. As I said I'm leaving the Forces in May '06 and basically want to be able to arrive in Canada on that date and start applying for work. (In a perfect world of course).

So do I need to apply under Family Class Application with only my details on it. Filling out the background check sheet/Police certificates. and the sponsor forms.

By the way do i need police clearence from all countries I have served in, after all I'm in the forces Police. Would a certificate from them suffice.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:59 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

The best time to start the process would be about 8 months ahead of your planned move. Make sure to collect police certificates from all countries you resided in for 6 months or longer - your military certificate alone may or may not work and you don't want any additional delays due to that.

Apply for your younger son's proof of Canadian citizenship now.

Originally Posted by leecyndisanders
Thank you.

Would you be able to advise on a time to start applying. As I said I'm leaving the Forces in May '06 and basically want to be able to arrive in Canada on that date and start applying for work. (In a perfect world of course).

So do I need to apply under Family Class Application with only my details on it. Filling out the background check sheet/Police certificates. and the sponsor forms.

By the way do i need police clearence from all countries I have served in, after all I'm in the forces Police. Would a certificate from them suffice.