IMM5669 Personal History question

Old Jun 21st 2014, 8:54 am
Just Joined

weegie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question IMM5669 Personal History question

I'm filling out IMM5669 as part of my application for a sponsorship visa (my wife is sponsoring me) and I am a little confused about question 8 regarding Personal history...
If they require all information since the age of 18 (I am 25) then does that include my education, despite it being written about for question 7? Also I worked as a civil servant for a couple of years - do I write about that only for question 10 or is that included for question 8 too?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 7:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM5669 Personal History question

Originally Posted by weegie
I'm filling out IMM5669 as part of my application for a sponsorship visa (my wife is sponsoring me) and I am a little confused about question 8 regarding Personal history...
If they require all information since the age of 18 (I am 25) then does that include my education, despite it being written about for question 7? Also I worked as a civil servant for a couple of years - do I write about that only for question 10 or is that included for question 8 too?

Any help would be much appreciated!
(**NB. Provide back to the age of 18 if submitting to London UK**)
Question 8

Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent.

Start with the most recent information. Under “Activity”, write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention, etc.). If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

Note: Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time.

Important information. Failure to account for all time periods will result in a delay in the processing of your application.
Complete IMM 0008 and IMM 5669

Old Aug 27th 2014, 1:20 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Just another example of canadian expertise in mastering the art of providing inconsistent advice concerning official form making.
This one concerns the innocuously named IMM5669 Schedule A Background/Declaration which a casual glance would suggest is deceptively straightforward.
I am responding to a CIC request to complete this document as part of a pack associated with parent and grandparent sponsorship.
The guidelines that accompany the request state: 'Provide details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever comes first'. The logical interpretation of this is that all applicants must provide details from the age of 18, since this will always come first, so why insert the second condition?
However the form itself states: Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent'. Now this is written such that the second condition will now apply where the age exceeds 28 and I suspect that this is what is actually required, after all, it does make more sense.
However.. I read on the web that where the nominated CIC office is 'London' then all details are required from the age of 18 regardless of what is printed on the form.
Can anyone state in non-civil-servantese, just what the official requirement would be where the nominated office is Ottawa?
And as an aside, if the more stringent requirement from the age of 18 does actually apply where London is concerned, would this requirement extend to all UK citizens applying to offices other than London?
Confused of Aldergrove.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 2:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
Hi there,
Just another example of canadian expertise in mastering the art of providing inconsistent advice concerning official form making.
This one concerns the innocuously named IMM5669 Schedule A Background/Declaration which a casual glance would suggest is deceptively straightforward.
I am responding to a CIC request to complete this document as part of a pack associated with parent and grandparent sponsorship.
The guidelines that accompany the request state: 'Provide details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever comes first'. The logical interpretation of this is that all applicants must provide details from the age of 18, since this will always come first, so why insert the second condition?
However the form itself states: Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent'. Now this is written such that the second condition will now apply where the age exceeds 28 and I suspect that this is what is actually required, after all, it does make more sense.
However.. I read on the web that where the nominated CIC office is 'London' then all details are required from the age of 18 regardless of what is printed on the form.
Can anyone state in non-civil-servantese, just what the official requirement would be where the nominated office is Ottawa?
And as an aside, if the more stringent requirement from the age of 18 does actually apply where London is concerned, would this requirement extend to all UK citizens applying to offices other than London?
Confused of Aldergrove.
If you are able to easily provide details since the age of 18 then do so.

If you are not applying to London, then that requirement isn't essential, the last 10 years will suffice.

Unfortunately, London appear to have their own set of guidelines for their officers.

Old Aug 27th 2014, 2:58 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks Siouxie, the issue might not be so important if CIC didn't insist on everything being just so.
Dave_J