IMM5669 - background delcaration

Old Oct 26th 2020, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute
Default IMM5669 - background delcaration

Hi, just checking our forms for the nth time before posting this week and just double checking again.

My daughters are 21 and 19 and are not applying for PR as they are staying in the UK, they have filled out IMM5406 as required but am I right in assuming that only myself fills out IMM5669 as I am the only applicant?

Thanks
Old Oct 26th 2020, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM5669 - background delcaration

Originally Posted by Sunnybrae
....am I right in assuming that only myself fills out IMM5669 as I am the only applicant?
Yes, that's right.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 1:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, just checking our forms for the nth time before posting this week and just double checking again.

My daughters are 21 and 19 and are not applying for PR as they are staying in the UK, they have filled out IMM5406 as required but am I right in assuming that only myself fills out IMM5669 as I am the only applicant?

Thanks
They need to complete IMM5669 too.

"Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

This form must be completed by:
  • you, the principal applicant;
  • your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
  • your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)."
HTH.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Ooops - sorry! I know we didn't, but that was 3 years ago
Old Oct 26th 2020, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
They need to complete IMM5669 too.

"Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

This form must be completed by:
  • you, the principal applicant;
  • your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
  • your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)."
HTH.
Thanks, glad I checked - where did you get that from? may save me asking more questions
Old Oct 26th 2020, 3:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, glad I checked - where did you get that from? may save me asking more questions
It was from the generic guide for that form, but I've now seen on your other thread that you're applying via spousal sponsorship. So if you haven't got it already, do download the detailed application guide for that, and it's in there (but obviously ignore the bit above about your spouse!) - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ete-guide.html

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 26th 2020 at 3:23 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2020, 2:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Could I strongly suggest that you get your daughters to fill out the application forms and apply as your dependents, even if they don't think they want to move here now. Circumstances, uncertainty, decisions (and brain patterns) change and at least they would have options in the future to join you. Once they receive their COPR's they only have to 'land' and then they have a further 2-3 years before they would have to decide whether to move over or not - a lot can change in 4 years!

My son was adament at 20/21 that he had absolutely no interest in ever moving to Canada - it took me months to persuade him to fill out the forms as my dependent, on the understanding that it gave him the option to join me but he didn't have to.
He eventually agreed and Immigration Canada received our applications less than a week before is 22nd birthday (the cut off). His age was locked in and once they had finally processed his application he had broken up with his then g/f and decided to give Canada a try - he's been here over 10 years now and thanks me for 'forcing' him to apply with me.. couldn't be happier he came.

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 6th 2020 at 2:54 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2020, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Could I strongly suggest that you get your daughters to fill out the application forms and apply as your dependents, even if they don't think they want to move here now. Circumstances, uncertainty, decisions (and brain patterns) change and at least they would have options in the future to join you. Once they receive their COPR's they only have to 'land' and then they have a further 2-3 years before they would have to decide whether to move over or not - a lot can change in 4 years!

My son was adament at 20/21 that he had absolutely no interest in ever moving to Canada - it took me months to persuade him to fill out the forms as my dependent, on the understanding that it gave him the option to join me but he didn't have to.
He eventually agreed and Immigration Canada received our applications less than a week before is 22nd birthday (the cut off). His age was locked in and once they had finally processed his application he had broken up with his then g/f and decided to give Canada a try - he's been here over 10 years now and thanks me for 'forcing' him to apply with me.. couldn't be happier he came.
I've filled out the forms with the girls as my dependents, they'll need to have a medical like I will and they have signed where necessary, so hopefully if they did decide in the future to come and stay with me, all the hard work will have been done now
Old Nov 7th 2020, 11:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I've filled out the forms with the girls as my dependents, they'll need to have a medical like I will and they have signed where necessary, so hopefully if they did decide in the future to come and stay with me, all the hard work will have been done now
Once your older daughter hits 22 (or lives as common-law or gets married)you won't be able to sponsor her.. she would have to find her own route... far easier to put them down as accompanying now,forms etc, are mostly already done! ... If they change their mind and want you to sponsor them later, you will have to go through the whole process again.. why do it twice if you don't need to .

We've had other members who's kids have changed their mind about wanting to come - but because they were then over 22 (or 19 at the time - immigration regulations changed) they couldn't be sponsored and didn't have a route that qualified them for PR... devastating for all concerned..

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 8th 2020 at 12:00 am.