Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IMM5562 Your Travels -Express Entry request

IMM5562 Your Travels -Express Entry request

Old Sep 13th 2016, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default IMM5562 Your Travels -Express Entry request

Hey Everyone

I submitted my application for PR through Express Entry over a month ago and today received a request for more information, the request is to complete the "IMM5562 Your Travels" form which is to then be uploaded to my CIC.

I have already provided this information for my travels over the last 10 years in my application so really curious as to why they are asking for this information again?

Additionally, the holiday dates that I will list really will be a close guess as I have no idea of the definite dates.

Has anyone else had this request once their EE PR application has already been submitted? Has anyone experienced any problems with their application being refused due to the information not being 100% correct for the holiday dates?

I'm worried that I wont be able to provide the dates 100% accurate and would hate for this to impact on my application.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Thanks

Mark
Old Sep 13th 2016, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM5562 Your Travels -Express Entry request

Make sure you include an explanation to the effect that your dates are stated to the best of your knowledge and belief, recollection etc.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Sep 13th 2016 at 7:19 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks Snowy560, I will complete the form and attach a letter of explanation.

Im sure other people have been in this situation too, not sure if any applications have been reject due to this not being accurate though?
Old Sep 13th 2016, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite common that Brits have been all over Europe without their passports being stamped (so they can't easily recall their dates).

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Sep 13th 2016 at 8:30 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yes that's why it is so difficult, plus I don't have my old passport for previous trips out of Europe so it really will be my best guess.

I wonder what it is they do to clarify this information?
Old Sep 13th 2016, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sometimes for PR card renewal etc. they ask you to get entry/exit records from the countries you have been to.

What you can do (but it will take too long in this case) is get a UK SAR for Entries/Exits. This will show all entries/exits to the UK for the last five years, flights you took, airline, destination, whether your departure was confirmed etc. But only for the last five years and it takes a few weeks to get.

CBSA only log entries to Canada (but may change this and soon they may start to log exits as well).

US trips they can verify (I think) but so can you.

Do you not have a copy of your old passport?

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Sep 13th 2016 at 8:46 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Yes well this is actually my first PR card so this wouldn't be for renewal purposes, however, its good to know for the future.

Yes that sounds like a way to get the accurate info, but I only have 7 days to upload the completed form.

I was thinking of going with the best guess, i don't have a copy of my old passport you see :-(

I guess if my dates are slightly wrong for visits to Canada they would know, but if my dates are a week or so out for travel to other countries I'm not sure the Canadian government can verify this, but maybe I am wrong?
Old Sep 13th 2016, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well they can't (I don't think) for other countries except the US. They can only ask you to get entry/exit records for those other countries which they do sometimes for PR card renewals.

You are of course expected to tell the truth at all times.

S
Old Sep 13th 2016, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I thought so, im going to tell the true to the best of my knowledge and as I only have 7 days to submit the document will provide what I can recall and the closest dates that match.

Thanks for your help, I just hope this will be sufficient for my application.