IMM0008

Old Jan 18th 2017, 11:05 am
Just Joined

OttawaLo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IMM0008

Attacking these forms (almost literally!) again today and keep asking myself the below questions and reading things over and over on the forum and the guide i still ask the question with a little doubt to my answer.. So here i am asking you good folks them instead..

**Just to clarify i am the applicant (British) being sponsored by common law partner (Canadian citizen)**

Form IMM0008ENU_2D

1st section, point 3 about how many family members included in this app - it would just be 1 right? Just me. My common law partner who is a citizen is sponsoring me, we have no children.

Last question on the form - do i add my common law partner as a dependent here? I dont think i do.

Thanks in advance!

L x
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM0008

Have you spotted the wiki help guide to spousal sponsorship yet? It is still largely based on the old forms, but many of these have not changed much in the new pack.

I am not saying that this article answers your questions directly, but well worth a read - I know the process is confusing if you just rely on the CIC material!

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki
Old Jan 20th 2017, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Have you spotted the wiki help guide to spousal sponsorship yet? It is still largely based on the old forms, but many of these have not changed much in the new pack.

I am not saying that this article answers your questions directly, but well worth a read - I know the process is confusing if you just rely on the CIC material!

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki
Thanks Hurlabrick.. I have read the wiki yes (and given it pride of place in my bookmarks tab!) but it didnt really cover my question.. Unless it does and my now square eyes are deceiving me!

Hopefully someone will chime in as let me know (or correct me that it is in fact in the wiki!)

Thanks for your reply!

L x
Old Jan 20th 2017, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OttawaLo
Thanks Hurlabrick.. I have read the wiki yes (and given it pride of place in my bookmarks tab!) but it didnt really cover my question.. Unless it does and my now square eyes are deceiving me!

Hopefully someone will chime in as let me know (or correct me that it is in fact in the wiki!)

Thanks for your reply!

L x
You are the same as I was (just me as the sponsor and my wife as the principal (and only) applicant.

I answered 1 for that question, as it was only my wife who was applying. I have since received CoPR, so I am pretty sure that was right ;-)
Old Jan 20th 2017, 3:56 am
Just Joined

You are the same as I was (just me as the sponsor and my wife as the principal (and only) applicant.

I answered 1 for that question, as it was only my wife who was applying. I have since received CoPR, so I am pretty sure that was right ;-)
Oh awesome..thanks!

And you didn't add her as a dependent at the end?

L x
Old Jan 20th 2017, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OttawaLo
Oh awesome..thanks!

And you didn't add her as a dependent at the end?

L x
Nope!
Old Jan 20th 2017, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

+1. I am sponsoring my wife and am PR so after reading the guide at the time multiple time, my wife answer was 1 too. and no depended.

Last edited by Hasan78; Jan 20th 2017 at 4:32 pm. Reason: correction
Old Jan 21st 2017, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hasan78
+1. I am sponsoring my wife and am PR so after reading the guide at the time multiple time, my wife answer was 1 too. and no depended.
Thanks Hasan!