Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IMM 5476E - how to complete for a minor

IMM 5476E - how to complete for a minor

Old Jan 5th 2020, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

donnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond repute
Default IMM 5476E - how to complete for a minor

Hi,

I am currently applying for an extension to my daughter's student permit. As I am applying on behalf of her (she is 9) I have been asked to complete the "Use of Representative" - IMM 5476E

The form requires a signature from me as her representative, but would should I do about the applicant's signature? Should I sign my name in the applicant section and provide my relationship to her? Or do I leave the applicant signature blank?

Thanks
Old Jan 6th 2020, 9:01 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM 5476E - how to complete for a minor

Originally Posted by donnadooverylittle
Hi,

I am currently applying for an extension to my daughter's student permit. As I am applying on behalf of her (she is 9) I have been asked to complete the "Use of Representative" - IMM 5476E

The form requires a signature from me as her representative, but would should I do about the applicant's signature? Should I sign my name in the applicant section and provide my relationship to her? Or do I leave the applicant signature blank?

Thanks
Umm why does your daughter need a study permit if she is 9? If you are here on a work permit / study permit yourself (or your partner is) there is no study permit required.
Did you get a visitor record when you arrived for her? (If you didn't, that's all that is generally needed to register at school as a minor.. together with a copy of a parents' work or study permit)
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...num=488&top=15
Old Jan 6th 2020, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

The Use of Rep form requires your signature on her behalf in section 10.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

donnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression that both my kids needed study permits to be able to go to school. They both came to Canada with study permits and I have renewed them ever since.
My daughter has a new passport and a valid eTA.
Does that mean I don't need to have a study permit for her?
Old Jan 7th 2020, 6:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnadooverylittle
I was under the impression that both my kids needed study permits to be able to go to school. They both came to Canada with study permits and I have renewed them ever since.
My daughter has a new passport and a valid eTA.
Does that mean I don't need to have a study permit for her?
As the child of a TWP holder, she can attend school without one, as per the link Siouxie gave you above.

This page also covers it - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-permit.html

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 7th 2020 at 6:21 pm.