Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IMM 5444 Form - Initial PR Card application

IMM 5444 Form - Initial PR Card application

Old Dec 27th 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Pudseytwo is on a distinguished road
Default IMM 5444 Form - Initial PR Card application

Hope you all have had a good Christmas ?

Right here goes......

I am filling in form IMM 5444, I've gone into previous threads but to no avail.

My background is :-

We landed in April 2011 went back home and sold the house and returned on the 21st December, 2011

We are over the 6 months period so have to submit a 'Initial PR card application IMM 5444'

This is where it gets a little tricky.

I'm OK up to the point of Address, Work and Educational History for the past 5 years.

I've read the booklet, watched the video and still can't figure it out.

It says "Your address history for the past 5 years OR if you became a permanent resident less than five years ago, your address history since becoming a permanent resident"

We technically became PR's in April (less than 5 years ago), but went back to the UK, do we put the UK address in or the address we have been in for the past week and the week we spent on vacation in April ?

Same again for work, do we put down our UK work history or that we have been unemployed for a week ?

Question 21.

Have you ever travelled or lived outside of Canada in the last five years (OR) If you became a permanent resident less than five years ago, since becoming a permanent resident

Do we put the amount of time spent in Canada ie: The time we spent when we landed in Canada in April (one week) and the one week since we arrived again in December ?

D. Residency Obligation

If we have been outside of Canada for 1095 days or more in the last five years

It says to list absence's and tot up the days ?????

I have tried phoning CIC for guidance but didn't manage to get through, can only presume that they are on holiday.

There must be thousands of us who are or have been in the same situation, can anyone please throw some light on this please ?

Many thanks - Happy New Year to you all
Old Dec 28th 2011, 2:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM 5444 Form - Initial PR Card application

Hi

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
Hope you all have had a good Christmas ?

Right here goes......

I am filling in form IMM 5444, I've gone into previous threads but to no avail.

My background is :-

We landed in April 2011 went back home and sold the house and returned on the 21st December, 2011

We are over the 6 months period so have to submit a 'Initial PR card application IMM 5444'

This is where it gets a little tricky.

I'm OK up to the point of Address, Work and Educational History for the past 5 years.

I've read the booklet, watched the video and still can't figure it out.

It says "Your address history for the past 5 years OR if you became a permanent resident less than five years ago, your address history since becoming a permanent resident"

We technically became PR's in April (less than 5 years ago), but went back to the UK, do we put the UK address in or the address we have been in for the past week and the week we spent on vacation in April ?

Same again for work, do we put down our UK work history or that we have been unemployed for a week ?

Question 21.

Have you ever travelled or lived outside of Canada in the last five years (OR) If you became a permanent resident less than five years ago, since becoming a permanent resident

Do we put the amount of time spent in Canada ie: The time we spent when we landed in Canada in April (one week) and the one week since we arrived again in December ?

D. Residency Obligation

If we have been outside of Canada for 1095 days or more in the last five years

It says to list absence's and tot up the days ?????

I have tried phoning CIC for guidance but didn't manage to get through, can only presume that they are on holiday.

There must be thousands of us who are or have been in the same situation, can anyone please throw some light on this please ?

Many thanks - Happy New Year to you all
1. Well you became a PR less than 5 years ago, so you list your UK address and you address now in Canada.
2. UK employment and unemployed for the past week.
3. You only list your return back to the UK in April.
4. You haven't been outside for more than 1095 days since becoming a PR. So the answer is N/A.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Scotjames is on a distinguished road

sit back and enjoy the wait, they processed mine as a 'replacement card'
it took 160 days
Old Dec 28th 2011, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks PMM, will have another go at them today

Scotjames - Fingers crossed that they have go their act together

Happy New Year !
Old Dec 28th 2011, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Scotjames is on a distinguished road

Remember every family member applying for a PR card also must fill out an original Supplementary Identification form (IMM 5455).
back when i had to re-apply for my PR card the IMM 5455 couldn't be downloaded with the rest of the forms it had to be collected from a local
office or they would post it out to you if requested.
hope this helps

Last edited by Scotjames; Dec 28th 2011 at 12:07 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the additional info - Happy New year !