Wikiposts

IMM 0008 - simple question....

Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:57 am
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future
Default IMM 0008 - simple question....

Hi all, filling in IM0008 and I didn't get beyond the second question!!

'How many family members are included on this application for permanent residence?'
Myself and my wife are applying for permanent residency but our two children are not and are staying in the uk and will not be accompanying us to Canada.
Sooo..... I assume that we put down 4, although it's only 2 of us that are really applying? (paying 2x permanent residence fees etc)

Last edited by bjg; Aug 17th 2009 at 3:53 am.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

SNOWDUDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IMM 0008 - simple question....

"Myself and my wife are applying for permanent residency but our two children are not"

err, that would be two then, or are you wanting them included in case you wish to bring them latter
Old Aug 17th 2009, 4:43 am
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future
Default Re: IMM 0008 - simple question....

Aaah.... if only things were that simple!
On the form you have to include ALL of your family regardless of whether or not they are actually going to accompany you.
There is a tick box to indicate if they will be accompanying you or not, but you DO have to put there details on the form. Soooo.....
The wording is.....
'How many family members are included on this application for permanent residence?' .....NOT ' how many are applying for permanent residence....!' Subtle I know but it has made us unsure.
Sooo.... obviously there are four on the application form but only two 'applying'..........