Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IMM 0008 Schedule 1, I made an error!

IMM 0008 Schedule 1, I made an error!

Old Jun 14th 2004, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IMM 0008 Schedule 1, I made an error!

Dear experts and others.

I just took a look at copy of my IMM 0008 ‘Schedule 1, Background Declaration form’ and I noticed under section(question) 9, I forgot to say ‘yes’ for the question “previously sought … or visitor or temporary resident visa�. I have said 'no'. It was just oversight. I thought that particular question was asking about any permanent resident applications.

I have in fact visited Canada as a visitor for 4 months. But under question 14 ‘personal history’ I gave the full details of my visit to Canada(infact attached an additional sheet) and also under the section 15 ‘Addresses’, I gave the Canadian address I stayed.

Should I send them a fax saying that that section should be corrected?
Any suggestions
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 2:12 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IMM 0008 Schedule 1, I made an error!

Wait for file number and then send corrected form with letter explaining your mistake.

Originally posted by vajra
Dear experts and others.

I just took a look at copy of my IMM 0008 ‘Schedule 1, Background Declaration form’ and I noticed under section(question) 9, I forgot to say ‘yes’ for the question “previously sought … or visitor or temporary resident visa�. I have said 'no'. It was just oversight. I thought that particular question was asking about any permanent resident applications.

I have in fact visited Canada as a visitor for 4 months. But under question 14 ‘personal history’ I gave the full details of my visit to Canada(infact attached an additional sheet) and also under the section 15 ‘Addresses’, I gave the Canadian address I stayed.

Should I send them a fax saying that that section should be corrected?
Any suggestions
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. I'm a CSQ holder. Sent fed. application on mid Feb 2004 and got interview waiver by April 2004 and finished medicals. Every other document has been sent to Buffalo (including RCMP and FBI clearance).
I'm waiting for PP request; I was casually going over my file and found this mistake.
But as you said I will send them a letter explaining the mistake and a new form. Don't know if this will cause any extra delay!?

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
Wait for file number and then send corrected form with letter explaining your mistake.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 2:54 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it won't cause any delay.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a CSQ holder. Sent fed. application on mid Feb 2004 and got interview waiver by April 2004 and finished medicals. Every other document has been sent to Buffalo (including RCMP and FBI clearance).
I'm waiting for PP request; I was casually going over my file and found this mistake.
But as you said I will send them a letter explaining the mistake and a new form. Don't know if this will cause any extra delay!?
Old Jun 14th 2004, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate your time.

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
No, it won't cause any delay.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

hunterh is an unknown quantity at this point

Vajra:

How did you check out that your RCMP clearance has been sent to Buffalo?

Thanks.

Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

I sent them an email and after I thought they wouldn't reply to emails (I didn't sent a second email) after about a month got a reply that it was sent back to Buffalo. Took around 2 months to get the clearance.

Originally posted by hunterh
Vajra:

How did you check out that your RCMP clearance has been sent to Buffalo?

Thanks.