Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IMM 0008- Q previous country's of residence

IMM 0008- Q previous country's of residence

Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:49 am
d_k
Just Joined

d_k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IMM 0008- Q previous country's of residence

IMM 0008 - Q12 previous country's of residence: during the past five years have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship for more than six months

- I have been in canada always under 6 months each stay, during my wedding year I stayed 5 months 2 weeks and left the country for honeymoon flew back in and stayed for another 5 months 2 weeks should I put that duration in?

do I select yes or no?

I'm in the UK now - so I have put Q10 current country of residence as

England - citizen - and what about dates? for this? is it my birth year to present can I write present in the date box

thanks guys

Last edited by d_k; Jan 16th 2013 at 6:05 am.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:31 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM 0008- Q previous country's of residence

Q12 - looks like "No"

Q10 - I'd go with England. Enter you date of birth. Presumably leave the other field blank or see if it lets you enter "Present". It'll likely only accept a date though.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:34 am
d_k
Just Joined

thanks orly

I'm hand writing the application - so should I write present in the box
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:40 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by d_k
thanks orly

I'm hand writing the application - so should I write present in the box
If it was me, I would.

Generally better to make it clear rather than leave it blank. Unfortunately I filled all mine out on the computer so it was a bit awkward.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:41 am
d_k
Just Joined

how do you do it on the computer? is it easier

and once done you print it off?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:43 am
The ride never ends

Originally Posted by d_k
how do you do it on the computer? is it easier

and once done you print it off?
The forms on the CIC site are usually word documents or PDFs. Usually you can just open them and fill them in.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:52 am
d_k
Just Joined

are there acouple of forms that have to be validated on line
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:53 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Important that you cover the entire period completely when answering the questions about residences and occupations.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:02 am
d_k
Just Joined

Thank's Jim

I'll just add everything down and onto additional paper with all time in canada