Im on the "list" !!!

Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:19 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice
Default Im on the "list" !!!

Im soo excited, ive been avoiding expats since my Canada move all started going wrong, so had no idea the list was published.
But im on it! woohoo, will be sending away asap.
Any ideas yet on v rough timelines? sorry havent had the chance to read through all the threads yet ill be doing that tonight too!

Karen
Old Dec 9th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Im on the "list" !!!

Like you I'm also on "the list". Which is encouraging. The Immigration Minister has made the claim that applications will now be processed in 12-18 months. But I wouldn't mind betting that if you could speak to some of the staff at the CHC in London they'd be of the opinion that the ambition is nice but without additional resources it's all so much hot-air. Not quite what we're used to from polititians I know!

I'm trying to stay positive about this and hopefully we should start to see things happening in the new year.

Out of interest has anyone here received an AOR post a 27 February 2008 submission?
Old Dec 9th 2008, 12:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Congrats.

All SW applications whose occupations are on 'The List' are supposedly going to be processed within 6-12 months.

Keep me posted on how it's going, my husband's job is also on 'The List' and we're currently trying to decide whether or not to apply that way (instead of the TWP we had planned).

Good luck.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 1:20 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

"Your name shall also go on ze list."
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:48 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Karen

That's good news for you, I thought you were going with BUNAC?

Good luck with the APP anyway
Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:36 pm
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

Hiya,

yeah i was but failed my exam in sep so would be silly to give up my job here and flat for no job there until i get through the exam or a more permanent status like pr )

Karen x
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

ESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant future

Hi

If your job is on the list and your SW application has an AOR of July 2007, what do you suggest???

Do i just wait for them to get to the application or submit something else.

Kind regards

Dan
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ESSEXHAMMER
Hi

If your job is on the list and your SW application has an AOR of July 2007, what do you suggest???

Kind regards

Dan
If your AOR was in July 2007 you'll be processed under the old rules. Therefore you won't be be fast-tracked. You'd need to submit a new application with a NOC on the list to be eligble for that.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:32 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESSEXHAMMER
Hi

Kind regards

Dan
In contrast to the above post I would advocate waiting. The whole idea is that now applications have been resitrcted to people who are on the list or have job offers (and supposedly new resources have been allocated to processing on-list applicants) that the backlog will get cleared much moire quickly. The danger with submitting a new application is that the list could change or even the whole lot of recent changes could get repealed. You have an application that is in process and will get processed probably within the next 12-18 months anyway.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 3:34 pm
Dorfus wafflebutt

Change again,

due to the rubbish housing markert i dont have the equity or available funds sitting in my bank to apply right now.
you need proof at the stage of applying right?
so back to the beginning again,

some rollercoaster ride this!

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Hi Karen

That's good news for you, I thought you were going with BUNAC?

Good luck with the APP anyway
Old Dec 11th 2008, 5:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littletwinkle46
Change again,

due to the rubbish housing markert i dont have the equity or available funds sitting in my bank to apply right now.
you need proof at the stage of applying right?
so back to the beginning again,

some rollercoaster ride this!

You do need proof at the beginning but for the initial part of your application you can use equity in your house (mortgage statement and valuations by several estate agents). It's only when you 'land' that the funds *must* be unencumbered and therefore have to be sitting in your bank account.

Hope that helps.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 7:21 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You do need proof at the beginning but for the initial part of your application you can use equity in your house (mortgage statement and valuations by several estate agents). It's only when you 'land' that the funds *must* be unencumbered and therefore have to be sitting in your bank account.

Hope that helps.
Please note that it is only the London office which accept a house evaluation for settlement funds at the application submission.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:34 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

thanks guys,

ive only been in my flat 2 years and the two estate agents i got out dont think id get any more than i paid for it
fingers crossed for a quick recovery in the housing market, i could have sold it last year and had $20000 sitting in my bank
c'es la vie,

I will appreciate my first drive thru timmy's in my own canadian car with canadian license and canadian home to go home to even more when i get there!

xx
Old Dec 24th 2008, 7:53 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

I'm also on 'the list' and all I know from immigration update newsletters, etc is that CIC have stipulated a 'target' of 6-12 month processing from 28th Nov (date the list was published) and these 'new rules' post 27th Feb applications are being routed to Sydney, Nova Scotia to speed up the checking (new resouce allocated or something) before forwarding to London for immediate processing or returning unsuccessful ones (not on 'the list').

It seems a bit unfair on people who are on the list but applied pre 27th Feb, don't think I would be too happy if I'd applied in Jan'08.

Who knows, I'm actually hoping it takes roughly 2 years so the economy can settle down a bit.

Good Luck and Merry Chrimbo
Old Dec 25th 2008, 12:01 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

Hi there

My husband is " sort of " on the list, although he is a qualified Automotive Service Technician, hes also Got skills/Experience for Industrial Electrician or Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic hes worked 5 years in the last 10 on various vehicle/plant ranging from hand pallet trucks to warehouse reach trucks, electric, diesel and LPG and terminal tractor units, more recently, some earthmoving vehicles, diggers, concrete trucks and various skifield equipment inc snow graders,

Im unsure which one we can apply for, anyone know who we would apply to prior to submitting our application, to get confirmation of which NOC code he would come under?

If you apply for Federal SW with a job offer do you still need to show funds?

Any help Appreciated

Tigger

Last edited by TiggerLottie; Dec 25th 2008 at 12:08 pm. Reason: wrong question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.