Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I'm impatient - getting a TWP whilst waiting for FSW

I'm impatient - getting a TWP whilst waiting for FSW

Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:26 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm impatient - getting a TWP whilst waiting for FSW

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
Thanks Waggle! that makes sense now!

Is it really the case though that you'd have to withdraw an fsw1 application if you get a twp and a job? Surely you can just send through the updated info and they take that into account when accessing your details?
You do not HAVE to withdraw the application. If you WANT them to process it as an FSW2, then yes you would have to withdraw your FSW1 app.

If you just wanted to update them with the info that you are now living in Canada and have a TWP, then do so and they will to continue to process as a FSW1.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
You do not HAVE to withdraw the application. If you WANT them to process it as an FSW2, then yes you would have to withdraw your FSW1 app.

If you just wanted to update them with the info that you are now living in Canada and have a TWP, then do so and they will to continue to process as a FSW1.
You are very adamant that they in effect ignore your new info and don't take it into account when checking you out. Have people on the forum found this info from experience? Is it still the case with the revised processing route?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 10:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
You are very adamant that they in effect ignore your new info and don't take it into account when checking you out. Have people on the forum found this info from experience? Is it still the case with the revised processing route?
Just FYI, it might be worth noting that AmyDavid works for an immigration consultant and has therefore dealt with dozens of similar cases.

She is correct, unless you withdraw your application and submit a new FSW cat 2 one, then the job offer won't make any difference and won't speed up processing.

Old Mar 1st 2012, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just FYI, it might be worth noting that AmyDavid works for an immigration consultant and has therefore dealt with dozens of similar cases.

She is correct, unless you withdraw your application and submit a new FSW cat 2 one, then the job offer won't make any difference and won't speed up processing.

Thankyou! Makes sense now!