Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I'm in canada, can I apply whilst on holiday?

I'm in canada, can I apply whilst on holiday?

Old Feb 5th 2005, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

mark-r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm in canada, can I apply whilst on holiday me and my wife are confused

basically, I was going to apply for my residency from england and then then come to canada on holiday while it's processing, but stupidly I thought hey, lets apply once I'm inside canada I'll get it done that way

can I apply with normal from england pr application being on holiday here in canada? I don't want to apply with the "from within canada" application as I want to leave every 3/4 months and go back to england, plus I have got a full application ready to send now

I'll be heading back to england lots I'm aware that correspondance for my app will be sent to england

secondly, when detailing the times and dates that me and my wife have lived together, is me coming here to canada (on holiday) classed as us living together if I've visited and stayed with her for a week, and then 3 months? we've lived together previously, I'm just worried about the one year time limit of living apart that applies, if a trip here and us staying in the same home living together, is classed as living together that's great, bit of a silly question but wanted to clarify it.

Thanks

Last edited by mark-r; Feb 5th 2005 at 3:17 am.