If Medicals Expire, What's next?

Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:41 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future
Default If Medicals Expire, What's next?

If you have been in this situation, please share your experience with the rest of us.
My medicals will expire at the end of December and the only thing CIC has said to me (today) is that they are still working on our background checks...
I would like to know what would happen if the medicals expire...

Thanks for you replies!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

coolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: If Medicals Expire, What's next?

Originally Posted by Yalily
If you have been in this situation, please share your experience with the rest of us.
My medicals will expire at the end of December and the only thing CIC has said to me (today) is that they are still working on our background checks...
I would like to know what would happen if the medicals expire...

Thanks for you replies!
i would think you would have to retake them we are waiting to and been told we are in a queue had med in aug but still here coolmum1
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:48 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

I wonder if they ask you to send a whole bunch of documents once more! that will be a nightmare for us... especially getting police reports... :curse:
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:29 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

If it's a case of CHC not having processed you and the medicals are due to expire they'll ask you to retake them.

If you have PR and your medicals expire, then you generally go back to the front of the immigration queue and start all over again.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

wlaw2003 will become famous soon enough

If your medicals expire because of processing delays you have to wait until they request new medicals. It happened to me two years ago and everything was fine in the end.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

In my case it was 20 months after my medicals that I finally got PR. The I.O. on my case chose to extend the validity of my medical results, rather than asking me to take them again. It sounds like that's quite unusual though...
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:30 pm
Lily

Originally Posted by wlaw2003
If your medicals expire because of processing delays you have to wait until they request new medicals. It happened to me two years ago and everything was fine in the end.
Okay, I really hope it all works out for me at the end as well!
Thanks for sharing your experiences with me!