If I get a BUNAC...

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default If I get a BUNAC...

... and they state that you are intending to travel before such and such a date, what happens if I travel after that date?

Cheers!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:07 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If I get a BUNAC...

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
... and they state that you are intending to travel before such and such a date, what happens if I travel after that date?

Cheers!
You only have to give them a guesstimate of when you think you will travel. So long as you activate the visa before your time is up, it's open to you whenever you want to go.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, because I've just signed up for Work Canada for 2011 as they've got extra slots but it says I've got to travel before January 31st 2011 - I'm now not 100% sure I'll be able to do it then and it might be a couple of months after.

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:21 pm

Okay, because I've just signed up for Work Canada for 2011 as they've got extra slots but it says I've got to travel before January 31st 2011 - I'm now not 100% sure I'll be able to do it then and it might be a couple of months after.

You mean you signed up for Work Canada 2010? In that case, then yes. The date for entry will be Jan 31 2011. It's a multiple entry visa though, you can come and go. Enter Canada by Jan 31 2011 and then leave again. You will secure your visa that way but there are drawbacks.

1. That's expensive.
2. Once the visa is activated, your time keeps ticking whether you are in the country or not.

Edited to add: If you can't go until later next year then why not just apply for the 2011 programme.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
You mean you signed up for Work Canada 2010? In that case, then yes. The date for entry will be Jan 31 2011. It's a multiple entry visa though, you can come and go. Enter Canada by Jan 31 2011 and then leave again. You will secure your visa that way but there are drawbacks.

1. That's expensive.
2. Once the visa is activated, your time keeps ticking whether you are in the country or not.

Edited to add: If you can't go until later next year then why not just apply for the 2011 programme.
Got it. Thanks for the response, I'll contact them and make sure that I'm struck off the list for this year and I'll try to get on next year's allocation when they open up.

Thanks again, karma given
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:25 pm

Got it. Thanks for the response, I'll contact them and make sure that I'm struck off the list for this year and I'll try to get on next year's allocation when they open up.

Thanks again, karma given
No worries. Good luck with the obsessive Bunac website checking come December.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
No worries. Good luck with the obsessive Bunac website checking come December.
Thanks, appreciate it!