IELTS score table

Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:31 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Pradeep is on a distinguished road
Default IELTS score table

Hi,
I had applied for PR 2 years ago,during my application i had claimed for english language as follows
Reading,writing->High proficency
Listening,speaking moderate proficency

How much di i score during IELTs to claim these points.What type of IELTS shall i write General or academic
Pradeep is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:53 am
  #2  
Immigration Consultant
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,144
Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS score table

Originally Posted by Pradeep
Hi,
I had applied for PR 2 years ago,during my application i had claimed for english language as follows
Reading,writing->High proficency
Listening,speaking moderate proficency

How much di i score during IELTs to claim these points.What type of IELTS shall i write General or academic
There have been some recent changes here. For applications submitted prior to November 28, 2008 you had to score 7.0 or more for High proficiency or 5.0 or more for Moderate proficiency. For applications received after Nov 28th, 2008 the scores required for High are:

Listening - 7.5 or higher
Reading - 6.5 or higher
Writing - 6.5 or higher
Speaking - 6.5 or higher

For Moderate the scores are:

Listening - 5.5 or higher
Reading - 5.0 or higher
Writing - 5.5 or higher
Speaking -5.5 or higher
Paul Wildy is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:12 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 193
Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IELTS score table

Originally Posted by NSpaul
There have been some recent changes here. For applications submitted prior to November 28, 2008 you had to score 7.0 or more for High proficiency or 5.0 or more for Moderate proficiency. For applications received after Nov 28th, 2008 the scores required for High are:

Listening - 7.5 or higher
Reading - 6.5 or higher
Writing - 6.5 or higher
Speaking - 6.5 or higher

For Moderate the scores are:

Listening - 5.5 or higher
Reading - 5.0 or higher
Writing - 5.5 or higher
Speaking -5.5 or higher
Anyway the immigration officer should evaluate your test under the '' new '' and under the '' old '' rule and consider the one that gives you more points.
Quarte_2005 is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:15 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 193
Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IELTS score table

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575860
Quarte_2005 is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2009, 6:47 am
  #5  
Immigration Consultant
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,144
Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS score table

Originally Posted by Quarte_2005
Anyway the immigration officer should evaluate your test under the '' new '' and under the '' old '' rule and consider the one that gives you more points.
but only applications or test results that pre-date Nov 28, 2008. Applications and test results dated after that date are assessed against the new scores only.
Paul Wildy is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:31 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 193
Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IELTS score table

Originally Posted by NSpaul
but only applications or test results that pre-date Nov 28, 2008. Applications and test results dated after that date are assessed against the new scores only.
that is right...
my bad!
His application was before Nov. 2008, but he is sitting for Ielts in the upcoming weeks ( I guess), therefore he has to be judged under new chart only.
Quarte_2005 is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:45 am
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Pradeep is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IELTS score table

Yes i am intending to write IELTS by this may,since i had submitted an arranged employment offer.I think i have to qualify according to the old score sheet.Please help me to confirm this.
Pradeep is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:56 am
  #8  
Immigration Consultant
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,144
Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS score table

Originally Posted by Pradeep
Yes i am intending to write IELTS by this may,since i had submitted an arranged employment offer.I think i have to qualify according to the old score sheet.Please help me to confirm this.
Like I said above, tests written and submitted after Nov 28th last year must pass according to the new scores, not the old ones.
Paul Wildy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.