Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IELTS exam sertificate- photo unclear

IELTS exam sertificate- photo unclear

Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

CanaDen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS exam sertificate- photo unclear

Hello!
I recently received my IELTS certification.
Marks was great, but my photo on the paper appears to be very blurred, my face can be hardly recognized.
I applied to British Council where I did my certification, Agent and they said the following:

1: They can not reprint it, because there is a copy of a certificate already in the British Council Archives.
2: That was a quality of the photo i gave ( they scanned an image, among with the others).
3: If Canadian Authorities will refuse to accept it, I can ( or they can) always apply to the British Councul, and B.C agent will testify my identity

I am confused with those answers:
first of all, this is really a technical failure during a scan process, since I am sure I didnt provide photo of such a poor quality.
I can hardly understand the possibility of cooperation between British Council and Canada Immigration Service, and afraid,that it will interrupt application processing.

I would like to hear any comments and advises regarding to my case.
Thank you in advance,
Dennis
Old Aug 20th 2004, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS exam sertificate- photo unclear

Originally Posted by CanaDen
Hello!
I recently received my IELTS certification.
Marks was great, but my photo on the paper appears to be very blurred, my face can be hardly recognized.
I applied to British Council where I did my certification, Agent and they said the following:

1: They can not reprint it, because there is a copy of a certificate already in the British Council Archives.
2: That was a quality of the photo i gave ( they scanned an image, among with the others).
3: If Canadian Authorities will refuse to accept it, I can ( or they can) always apply to the British Councul, and B.C agent will testify my identity

I am confused with those answers:
first of all, this is really a technical failure during a scan process, since I am sure I didnt provide photo of such a poor quality.
I can hardly understand the possibility of cooperation between British Council and Canada Immigration Service, and afraid,that it will interrupt application processing.

I would like to hear any comments and advises regarding to my case.
Thank you in advance,
Dennis

If I were you this is what I would do. Most probable you have an extra copy of the photo that you originally gave to British Council. I will write a letter stating the same thing that you are stating in your thread and I would attach the extra copy of the photo. Then I would send to Buffalo the result of the test with that letter...