Wikiposts

IELTS English Proficiency Test

Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:09 am
Banned

bubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant future
Default IELTS English Proficiency Test

How long is the IELTS valid for?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS English Proficiency Test

I have no idea but why would you need it? I've just seen your reply in another thread in which you said you were British born and bred??

The Wiki says the following on IELTS:

"requirement for PR applicants who claim fluency in English but are not native English speakers"

So it's not something you would require anyway.

Hope that helps.

Edited to add: I've just done a quick search of the forum (search button top right for future reference) using 'Ielts' and 'valid' as the search terms and found the following thread which gives you your answer:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...67#post5091967

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 25th 2008 at 4:16 am.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:17 am
Banned

bubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I have no idea but why would you need it? I've just seen your reply in another thread in which you said you were British born and bred??

"requirement for PR applicants who claim fluency in English but are not native English speakers"

Hope that helps.

Edited to add: I've just done a quick search of the forum (search button top right for future reference) using 'Ielts' and 'valid' as the search terms and found the following thread which gives you your answer:

hmm perhaps I'll take one anyway, just in case it will delay my PR application, they might ask for it later.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:21 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubbe2005
hmm perhaps I'll take one anyway, just in case it will delay my PR application, they might ask for it later.
Were you born in the UK? Did you go to school in the UK? Have you worked all your professional career in UK?

If yes to ALL of the above then no need for ILETS.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rob_999
Were you born in the UK? Did you go to school in the UK? Have you worked all your professional career in UK?

If yes to ALL of the above then no need for ILETS.
Yes born in the UK, education and professional career in UK
thanks Rob
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:27 am
Banned

Hope that helps.

yep thanks for the thread!
Ok so I gues no IELTS needed for me then
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubbe2005
They won't. You say you were born in Britain and assuming you've always lived here, they will have no need to.

Bearing in mind immigrating to Canada costs thousands of pounds anyway, save yourself a hundred quid!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:29 am
Banned

They won't. You say you were born in Britain and assuming you've always lived here, they will have no need to.

Bearing in mind immigrating to Canada costs thousands of pounds anyway, save yourself a hundred quid!
cool, alrighty then!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:09 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

You can spend thousands of pounds and they can still say 'NO'.

Research which path is best for you and then further research what you need to do to achieve your end goal.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by plw
You can spend thousands of pounds and they can still say 'NO'.

Research which path is best for you and then further research what you need to do to achieve your end goal.
thanks plw
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:17 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

No probs - bubbe2005

Good luck!