Wikiposts

IELTS Application and Timelines

Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: IELTS Application and Timelines

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nope, it's only the principal applicant - it's for point purposes, so dependents don't need it.

Oh bum. Did you get the revision material after all as recommended after your last post about it?
No I didn't, but I did go through the example test qtns on the official website. in fact I found the morning session of reading, writing and listening ok. I think the spoken part I muffled in, the examiner looked at me several times, enough to say 'shut up'. LOL. Oh well, time will tell.

As for travelling to test centres due to shortage of space, I travelled to Brighton from north Hampshire.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IELTS Application and Timelines

Spoke to the IELTS exam place today and managed to get the test on the 24th September rather than the 8th October.

Only 2 weeks,but it could make the difference if the quota is reaching it's limit.

Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Oh dear!

Just checked the CIC website. In the last 2 weeks the number of Nursing applications has risen from 252 to 410 out of 500

Oh well, could be back to the TWP plan and submit PR next year
Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:27 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisparr
Oh dear!

Just checked the CIC website. In the last 2 weeks the number of Nursing applications has risen from 252 to 410 out of 500

Oh well, could be back to the TWP plan and submit PR next year
Sorry to hear that your plans for PR may have been put off.

I have also heard that for NOC code 1122, applicants that applied within a month of the new year intake have been getting their applications returned with the reason that the cap has already been reached.

It seems that the strategy the immigration consultants have used of stockpiling applications has made it impossible for applicants in the most popular NOC codes to know if their application as made the cap as there has been an avalanche of applications all arriving right at the start.

This is so sad and has turned the application for the popular NOC codes into a lottery of who gets their app opened on a particular day first.

This can't be a good thing, can it?
Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes it does seem a lottery.

There are probably more than 80 applications en-route as I type this. I wonder how many of them think they are safe, and will in fact turn out to be disappointed.

We will keep an eye on the number, but I'm sure it will hit the limit by the time we are ready to mail our application. IELTS on 24th September + their quoted 2 weeks to deliver the certificate = Saturday 8th October, therefore it looks like we can't post the application before 10th October.

Oh well, we'll probably just have it ready for July 1st next year and hope Nurses are still on the list (or software developers/managers are added).

I'll have a few evenings off this week to recharge, and then it's back to looking for a company that will sponsor a TWP on Saturday. I must convince myself that doing that is bags of fun and not at all hard work

Cheers

Chris
Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:56 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it does seem a lottery.

There are probably more than 80 applications en-route as I type this. I wonder how many of them think they are safe, and will in fact turn out to be disappointed.

We will keep an eye on the number, but I'm sure it will hit the limit by the time we are ready to mail our application. IELTS on 24th September + their quoted 2 weeks to deliver the certificate = Saturday 8th October, therefore it looks like we can't post the application before 10th October.

Oh well, we'll probably just have it ready for July 1st next year and hope Nurses are still on the list (or software developers/managers are added).

I'll have a few evenings off this week to recharge, and then it's back to looking for a company that will sponsor a TWP on Saturday. I must convince myself that doing that is bags of fun and not at all hard work

Cheers

Chris
It will not be hard work if you just think of the reward.

You will find there are openings in your field - your main challenge is to get an employer who can apply successfully for an LMO for you.
It is possible, though, so just go for it and don't give up easily.
Good Luck.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words if encouragement.

I may need to fall back on them once in a while There were a few jobs I lad listed a week or so ago, therefore if they're still advertised it could be that they're having trouble finding suitable applicants - or at least that's what I'll tell myself. What was it Oddball always wanted... positive mental waves

Hmmm if no one gets that reference I'm going to start feeling old.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm if no one gets that reference I'm going to start feeling old.
Not got a clue what you're talking about Grandpa?