IELTS

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS

Hi all,

I'm going to be applying down the FSWP route and have a question about the IELTS test.

I took the test about a year ago but the only one available for me to take at the time was the Academic level instead of the General level.

Does anyone know if the Academic level is acceptable to send to immigration? Its harder than the General level test so I would've thought it would be.

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS

No, afraid not, it must be General so you'll have to retake it - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ge-testing.asp

HTH.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, thats what I was afraid of.

I know this is abit of a different topic but do you know if the immigration forms that are currently on the CIC website and used for applying for PR will still be the same when the new rules come into effect on May 4th or will there be new forms that you've got to fill in?

Thanks

Last edited by Boogler; Jan 3rd 2013 at 11:17 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boogler
I know this is abit of a different topic but do you know if the immigration forms that are currently on the CIC website and used for applying for PR will still be the same when the new rules come into effect on May 4th or will there be new forms that you've got to fill in?
Not a clue I'm afraid, CIC may well change them but nobody knows for sure yet. Sorry, not much help I know!
Old Jan 6th 2013, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boogler
Thanks for that, thats what I was afraid of.

Thanks
This was one of my questions too previously, and someone on here advised that it's worth completing the current forms anyway because then if they do remain the same at least they are complete, and if they do change, at least you will have an idea of how to complete the forms. I am currently about half way through completing my forms
Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Christmasoompa - thats great thanks, any advice is appreciated

KetanP - Thanks for the advice, that sounds like a good idea. Luckily I already filled out all the forms for the Quebec process (it took so long that I missed the deadline) but hopefully now I'll be able to apply under the Federal route, so I got some experience of filling out the forms - it takes much longer than you think to get everything ready doesnt it!