IELTS

Old Aug 13th 2011, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute
Default IELTS

Can I sit the IELTS exam when I visit Canada this summer as a tourist?
Old Aug 13th 2011, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IELTS

Hi
Welcome to the forum.

You don't sit the IELTS test in Canada. There are centres all over the UK that allow you to take the test. We have just booked ours in Nottingham.

If you check on their website, you can see which test centre is closest to you.
www.ielts.org

I assume you are looking to move under the Federal Skilled Worker Visa?

I would grab a cuppa and have a look through the WIKI at the top of the page (blue bar) as that also has loads of helpful info.
HTH
Linz
Old Aug 13th 2011, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

matt_t is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by peeshpie
Can I sit the IELTS exam when I visit Canada this summer as a tourist?
http://www.ielts.org//test_centre_se...a-2b511695231a
Old Aug 13th 2011, 12:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linz3112
You don't sit the IELTS test in Canada.
He could do though, if he wanted to - it may be that it's cheaper in Canada to do it, like medicals are? So perhaps that's why he wants to wait to do it whilst he's over there. Doesn't matter where you take it (and there are test centres all over the world).

BTW, welcome to the forum OP.

Old Aug 13th 2011, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for you swift replies and for welcoming me to the forum!!
I am a registered nurse and would like to emigrate under the fsw category. I could sit a test here in the UK at the earliest, end of Sept, by which time I would hope to have everything in order to send my application off.
However I am conscious that my occupation class is filling up rapidly and am considering an IELTS test at the end of Aug in Canada (if there are places available still). The thought of waiting until July 1st 2012 to put an application for fsw may be the only option I have though.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Thanks for you swift replies and for welcoming me to the forum!!
I am a registered nurse and would like to emigrate under the fsw category. I could sit a test here in the UK at the earliest, end of Sept, by which time I would hope to have everything in order to send my application off.
However I am conscious that my occupation class is filling up rapidly and am considering an IELTS test at the end of Aug in Canada (if there are places available still). The thought of waiting until July 1st 2012 to put an application for fsw may be the only option I have though.
Hi Peeshpie,

I'm in the same position as you as a nurse, i've just booked my test for 3rd September. Im going to chance whether the NOC fills up in the meantime. I believe the IELTS test is valid for 2 years. Good luck!
Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The thought of waiting until July 1st 2012 to put an application for fsw may be the only option I have though.
Presumably you are aware that this is not guaranteed to be an option? The list is likely to change again for next July, and there is no guarantee that nurses will still be on it.

Just don't want you thinking the wait is worst case scenario, when it could be removed altogether! Hopefully it won't be, but just fyi.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
Hi Peeshpie,

I'm in the same position as you as a nurse, i've just booked my test for 3rd September. Im going to chance whether the NOC fills up in the meantime. I believe the IELTS test is valid for 2 years. Good luck!
I'm sure you can send in your application and your ielts at a later date. At the time of me sending my app ( nov 2010 ) I was asked not to worry about send it strait away or my police check. I think at the time it was because they were worried processing was taking so long they may have run out. So the later they were sent the better for everyone.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 11:09 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by jerseytocanada
I'm sure you can send in your application and your ielts at a later date. At the time of me sending my app ( nov 2010 ) I was asked not to worry about send it strait away or my police check. I think at the time it was because they were worried processing was taking so long they may have run out. So the later they were sent the better for everyone.
That was then, this is now. You apply to CIO Sydney without IELTs, incomplete application and they will return it.