Wikiposts

ielts

Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Raneer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ielts

Mr Andrew, and other experts your comment please,
I had my interview done in tel-aviv on 11-22-2007 and at the end of the interview the officer told me to write about 20 lines that she dictated to me from a book she had (i took ielts test and scored 8,7,7,7 overall band 7)then she said : ok, you have 67 points and 5 points for adaptability ( i have an uncle in canada ) i will issue medical forms after i call the british council test center to clarify some thing.
My question is what is the reason and what can she do in this case.

Thank you in advance,

raneer

Last edited by Raneer; Nov 27th 2007 at 11:24 am.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ielts

Hi

Originally Posted by Raneer
Mr Andrew, and other experts your comment please,
I had my interview done in tel-aviv on 11-22-2007 and at the end of the interview the officer told me to write about 20 lines that she dictated to me from a book she had (i took ielts test and scored 8,7,7,7 overall band 7)then she said : ok, you have 67 points and 5 points for adaptability ( i have an uncle in canada ) i will issue medical forms after i call the british council test center to clarify some thing.
My question is what is the reason and what can she do in this case.

Thank you in advance,

raneer
She probably has questions about your IELTS results, and yes she can do it.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Pmm, thank you for your quick reply.

What i wanted to know is what are here options if she is not satisfied, can she reduce my points.

my test results are real and genuine and misrepresentation is not the case here

raneer
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:06 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Then you have nothing to worry. She cannot reduce points for language - but she can challenge authenticity of test results or the ID of person named on the test result. Only if fraud is proven you'll be found inadmissible to Canada.

It is obvious that your English proficiency level as stated on test results was doubted when you started to speak in English. Sometimes people cheat on the test either by sending a look-alike fluent in English to take the test or they may have an insider. Officer suspected one of these. Getting 8 on IELTS even for a native speaker is not easy, unless person is well educated with English language as a medium all the way.

But it also happens that not-native English speakers sometimes score better than native Brits, Australians or Americans do.

If you are sure that all is OK then you have nothing to worry.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:00 am
Just Joined

Mr, miller thank you very much for your response it lifts a big rock of my chest,
now i will be waiting to the midecal forms.

have a good day.

raneer