IEC Work Visa to Visitor

Old Oct 3rd 2013, 2:49 am
Just Joined

ljb1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Work Visa to Visitor

Hi Everyone, I am a little confused og the outcome here,I am in a similar situation to zebrapjs, hopefully someone can shed some light :-) I am currently in Canada on the IEC visa, expiring Nov 19th. I am awaiting the decision of a spousal sponsorship PR, but wish to change status to visitor in the mean time while we wait. I am aware that the IEC visa is non-extendable, however- if I am doing the online application to change status to visitor visa, will I be covered by implied status (as a visitor only) until I get my results back from Vegreville?
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Visa to Visitor

Originally Posted by ljb1987
Hi Everyone, I am a little confused og the outcome here,I am in a similar situation to zebrapjs, hopefully someone can shed some light :-) I am currently in Canada on the IEC visa, expiring Nov 19th. I am awaiting the decision of a spousal sponsorship PR, but wish to change status to visitor in the mean time while we wait. I am aware that the IEC visa is non-extendable, however- if I am doing the online application to change status to visitor visa, will I be covered by implied status (as a visitor only) until I get my results back from Vegreville?
Yes you will have Implied Status if you change from worker to visitor online.
If you leave Canada before a decision is made then you lose the status.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 4:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Work Visa to Visitor

Welcome to BE!

I have moved your post to a thread of it's own - it's always better to start your own thread as that way you get relevant answers.

Old Oct 3rd 2013, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Thanks Siouxie! I actually realized this afterwards and did start a new one, I hope I don't have two now?!
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 4:39 am
Just Joined

Oh wait- no that was with regards to a different question! Just getting the hang of this!! :-) Do you happen to know anything about uploading a statutory declaration of common-law to the online application for change of status? The checklist doesn't give the option to upload one, but the guideline says that I need one! Very confused, and it's the only thing stopping me sending off my app!
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Thank you Former Lancastrian for the reply also :-) :-)
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 4:43 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wait- no that was with regards to a different question! Just getting the hang of this!! :-) Do you happen to know anything about uploading a statutory declaration of common-law to the online application for change of status? The checklist doesn't give the option to upload one, but the guideline says that I need one! Very confused, and it's the only thing stopping me sending off my app!
No problem!

I don't, sorry, but you could always do a paper application if you are in no rush - which has the advantage of giving you extra time whilst you wait, lol, current processing times for mailed applications are 94 (working) days.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Yes I am leaning towards this now, as I cannot find the answer to my question anywhere!! I've been scouring the internet for 3 days now! It's consuming my life!! And if I do send the paperwork I am 100% covered by implied status?? I've been reading so many different posts about the IEC visa and not being eligible for implied status. Also (last question- sorry!!) does CIC send you a letter or anything to say that you are currently on implied status, or is that just something I have to assume- I would hate to jeopardize my PR application!! Thank you so much for your help, its HUGELY appreciated, what a great forum!
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 5:01 am
Banned

Yes I am leaning towards this now, as I cannot find the answer to my question anywhere!! I've been scouring the internet for 3 days now! It's consuming my life!! And if I do send the paperwork I am 100% covered by implied status?? I've been reading so many different posts about the IEC visa and not being eligible for implied status. Also (last question- sorry!!) does CIC send you a letter or anything to say that you are currently on implied status, or is that just something I have to assume- I would hate to jeopardize my PR application!! Thank you so much for your help, its HUGELY appreciated, what a great forum!
You are most welcome, anytime.

You will be on implied status as soon as CIC receive the application and up until you receive a decision.

"... Implied status
If your visitor visa expires after you have submitted your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident (visitor) until a decision is made on the application. This is known as implied status... "

Regarding questions you might have seen regarding IEC + implied status, most of them were regarding continuing to work - which is not the same thing.

Provided CIC receive your application to change to visitor status prior to your IEC expiring, you will not jeopardise your application for PR.

You are most welcome, anytime.