Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IEC to visitor with OWP app in process

IEC to visitor with OWP app in process

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:51 am
Just Joined

DaveJLow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC to visitor with OWP app in process

Hi

My IEC visa is due to expire at the end of march and I have an application in for my spousal sponsorship with an OWP in process too. Can I flagpole in order to change my status to a visitor? will me leaving have an effect on my applications?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IEC to visitor with OWP app in process

Originally Posted by DaveJLow
Hi

My IEC visa is due to expire at the end of march and I have an application in for my spousal sponsorship with an OWP in process too. Can I flagpole in order to change my status to a visitor? will me leaving have an effect on my applications?

Thanks in advance.
Can't you just switch to visitor status online? To save the possibility of being denied at the border for whatever reason?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Hoping so, new to all of this so was hoping to be pointed in the right direction and advice.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveJLow
Hoping so, new to all of this so was hoping to be pointed in the right direction and advice.
Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor

costs $100, submit as much evidence as possible as to how you'll support yourself, why you want to change status etc.

You can remain in Canada until a decision is made (if IEC expires before), and no need to go to border if approved. You will however need to go to the border when you get your work permit approval.

Last edited by ChrisBan; Feb 2nd 2015 at 7:04 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks
Will I be allowed to stay on implied status for the decision as looks like processing time is 38 days from within Canada.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Also on the application form which do I choose:
Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit
Extension of my temporary resident status
restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor

Appreciate the help
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

extension of temporary resident status
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

On the application form when it asks how long I plan on staying do i just put in 6 months or a year?