IEC Visa re-entry

Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

steveo88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Visa re-entry

Hi all, Im 2 months into my stay in Vancouver, possibly heading to the US for a bit before I start work however my IEC temporary working visa states at the bottom 'does not authorise re-renty'. Surely this just means once it has expires you cant re-enter on it? Find it hard to believe once here you cant come and go?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks Steve

Oh and go Canucks go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:57 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Visa re-entry

Originally Posted by steveo88
Hi all, Im 2 months into my stay in Vancouver, possibly heading to the US for a bit before I start work however my IEC temporary working visa states at the bottom 'does not authorise re-renty'. Surely this just means once it has expires you cant re-enter on it? Find it hard to believe once here you cant come and go?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks Steve

Oh and go Canucks go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well yes because you can never enter or remain in a country legally on an expired visa. That's the point.

If you re-enter and don't have a pre-authorised extesion or renewal then you will need to re-enter as a tourist.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

steveo88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Well yes because you can never enter or remain in a country legally on an expired visa. That's the point.

If you re-enter and don't have a pre-authorised extesion or renewal then you will need to re-enter as a tourist.
What I mean is, as long as its still valid I can leave and re-enter on it?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:10 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveo88
What I mean is, as long as its still valid I can leave and re-enter on it?
Oh yes, as often as you like I think. The IEC is a multiple entry visa.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:28 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Oh yes, as often as you like I think. The IEC is a multiple entry visa.
The reason for the statement on all work permits is that some workers require a TRV to enter Canada (UK& C don;t). So if a worker that requires a TRV leaves Canada, other than to the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon, their TWP will not get them back into Canada, unless they have TRV as well.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:31 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Ahhh that makes a lot of sense, is it the case then that the WP and entry visa are different so if you enter on a TWP then the officer writes a date underneath the admittance stamp in your passport which is essentially the visa part and then the WP is what allows you working rights?

As a visa waiver national for Canada you are exempt from TRV and so only need the present the LOI at immigration to get entry and work permission?