Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IEC Visa - likely to be denied - PR Common-Law Sponsorship issue

IEC Visa - likely to be denied - PR Common-Law Sponsorship issue

Old Feb 20th 2012, 1:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Visa - likely to be denied - PR Common-Law Sponsorship issue

Originally Posted by sarah_m
Can I ask exactly how they were able to prove that no other Canadian could do your job? I'm interested in taking this route but not sure how I can apply for a job and then demand they submit an application for an LMO. Also, how long do these LMO's even take to come into effect.. I'd still be unable to work from end of March until around summer..hmm.
The company has to prove it by showing that they've advertised the job nationally (copies of adverts placed etc) and then giving info on who has applied and why they were not suitable.

Re: timeline, it depends on the province, but LMO's seem to be taking around 12 weeks at the mo on average.

HTH.

Old Feb 20th 2012, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah_m
Can I ask exactly how they were able to prove that no other Canadian could do your job? I'm interested in taking this route but not sure how I can apply for a job and then demand they submit an application for an LMO. Also, how long do these LMO's even take to come into effect.. I'd still be unable to work from end of March until around summer..hmm.
To be honest I'm not entirely certain about the summer camp LMOs , I have a feeling there's quite a lot of exceptions given to them, otherwise things like the BUNAC Camp USA (don't be fooled by the name - they also have Canadian camps) or Nyquest wouldn't be able to get work permits for their applicants.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, not saying that this is the route to take, and working at summer camps is hard work, long hours, and lots of pesky kids. Just trying to show that there are options out there if you can think outside of the box (but within the legal box lol)