IEC and TWP traveling together

Old Jan 23rd 2017, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IEC and TWP traveling together

Several sleepless nights later and not found an answer so hoping for some more help !

My eldest son has his IEC but on the forms we listed the family names as required and ticked the box stating that me (mum), dad, sister and brother were NOT accompanying him to Canada.

Now, our TWP paperwork is underway and I am at a complete loss.

Can we all enter Canada together, or would my son travel on his own with the rest of us following days later.

Have I completely messed this up !? I'm hoping that we are not the only parents whose child gets an IEC and then they get a TWP afterwards and decide to keep the family together.

Thanks so much.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC and TWP traveling together

Wow I don't know how you are going to survive Canada
Yes you can all enter together as you are all entering via different streams i.e. IEC for your son and the rest of the family on temporary work permits in another stream.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Wow I don't know how you are going to survive Canada
Yes you can all enter together as you are all entering via different streams i.e. IEC for your son and the rest of the family on temporary work permits in another stream.
FL - I cannot thank you enough !! I am beyond a nervous wreck !! Its all becoming very real !

What about if my husband and son went out first (we are going on my husbands TWP although we were both offered jobs, I have decided not to take mine ) and set up home and then myself and two younger kids plus dogs (!) followed a couple of weeks later.

Is that doable? Or would we all have to be stamped in (sorry, not sure of the technical word) together.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victoria34
FL - I cannot thank you enough !! I am beyond a nervous wreck !! Its all becoming very real !

What about if my husband and son went out first (we are going on my husbands TWP although we were both offered jobs, I have decided not to take mine ) and set up home and then myself and two younger kids plus dogs (!) followed a couple of weeks later.

Is that doable? Or would we all have to be stamped in (sorry, not sure of the technical word) together.
Yes thats ok as well. Just make sure hubby sends a copy of his work permit to you before you travel and on arrival you present it to CBSA and perhaps have a copy of the marriage certificate with you.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes thats ok as well. Just make sure hubby sends a copy of his work permit to you before you travel and on arrival you present it to CBSA and perhaps have a copy of the marriage certificate with you.
Wow ! Thanks ! I may just sleep tonight ! Really appreciate the advice. You don't get it anywhere else.

All the best