IEC Stages and help

Old May 1st 2018, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

GerryGlasgow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Stages and help

Hi all,

New to this, I was snooping around looking for answers before I thought i'd create an account and ask myself. Sorry if it's been asked a million times and I've not found it.

I've applied for the IEC, I've been invited to apply for the work permit, I would love to know more about the stages I would have left and what possibilities there would be of refused application

Am I on the last stage? do I need to go to an embassy for an interview, advice on the CV/ resume, does the picture have to be a passport photo or can I take it myself?

Stage 1 being Eligible
Stage 2 being Acceped into pools
Stage 3 being invited to apply for work permit
..is there further stages to go? and or how long will it take

I'm also worried in case I get refused..
I'm 26, Don't have any convictions, have never overstayed a visa elsewhere,
I have a degree in web design but don't have any work experience in that area..

what are the chances of being refused or any ideas why I could be?

I'm obviously excited that I have the invitation to apply for the work permit and sent away for the ACRO certificate etc, hoping that it comes in time, I really want to get there for the summer this year.

Apologies if these are already answered elsewhere, I'm just excited and don't want to make any mistakes on my application
Old May 1st 2018, 8:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Stages and help

Hello and welcome to BE!

There's an info graphic on the official website that might help https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ss-glance.html (you can also click on the link on that page 'text 2018')

As to photos, follow the instructions - you won't go wrong. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#documents

We have an IEC thread from last year that may answer some of your questions .. http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...2017-a-884138/

Congrats on being successful in getting an invite!

Last edited by Siouxie; May 1st 2018 at 8:32 pm.